I’m sorry for nagging, but I’m Curious

livjux

10A6C52D-6146-4B0A-8030-0F7389D8A1EF.jpgECF81F5E-4143-4ECF-908F-21E9A1B24618.jpg
I got these as a some years og. Always believed they were low- grade fresh waters, but now when I’m staying to learn I’m thinking really bad akoyas..., It looks like there is almost no narce left. Am I right? I don’t know what to do with them, and I can’t chuck it in the dustbin cause it was a gift from my husband. Sad ting is that he bought them from a jewellery. In this condition.

I hope somone Will take look at this and tell me their opinions on it

I think you might try giving them a bath first, before judging. It's hard to tell is that low luster pearl is just dirty or what. Use mild soapy water (not detergent). Soak 15 minutes, wipe carefully and see if it's gunk that comes off.

I already gave them a nice bath? They look much better now....

In that case I would consider removing all the bad quality pearls and making a bracelet out of the ones that are left!

Good idea, I'll give it a try. Almost all the pearls are bad. Can't understand how people can sell something like this... But am I right, is it akoyas?

Some of the pearls don't look 100% round in the photo, which might indicate freshwaters, but there can be distortion in photos. If they look completely round to you they are probably akoyas.

If all the pearls look bad it may not be worth doing anything with them....

They look like sh... I always took them for being Freshwater's, but because it looks like the narce is peeling off I started to think akoyas. Can Freshwater's loose narce like this? They appear round but are off- round/ not regular , because of that and the total lack of quality I took it for Freshwater's. like this 08ECE48C-25C2-4B32-ADC7-F35F6563208C.jpg
I cant get over the fact that my husband bought this without being drunk or drugged ��. Its quite impressive he managed to do So:D!

Sure, freshwaters can peel off layers, since nacre is laid down in layers.

Unlike a diamond that will last forever, pearls are more like flowers. I'm sure you haven't kept every single flower your husband ever gave you. Sometimes, you just need to move on to the next bouquet, and get it from a better florist.

Unlike a diamond that will last forever, pearls are more like flowers. I'm sure you haven't kept every single flower your husband ever gave you. Sometimes, you just need to move on to the next bouquet, and get it from a better florist.

I agree, a great analogy...the clasp of course is easy to retain! And truth be told, I still have the very first strand of pearls my parents gave to me when I was 12 years old. They look about the same as these, but I love them for what they are and the memories they hold. I look at them often, but never wear them as they are too precious to me!

Back