I love these clasps-what are they called and other questions?

So, the clasps that totally hide the thread, have a little cap over the pearl. LOVE the look of these. Does anyone know what they are technically called and where I can find more of these types/styles? :) Anyone try these ones posted? I am always weary of using silver coated in gold as I worry about the gold coming off and revealing silver. Anyhow, on my clasp search, I am just loving how the cap just goes on top of pearl-it is so seamless. :) So would love to find some like this but are brass with gold over, since at least the brass can shine up like gold when loses its finish? https://www.etsy.com/listing/770049588/1pc-silver-gold-color-sterling-silver?ref=yr_purchases

I just call them clasps with end caps, but I'm sure they have a better name and hopefully someone will answer that!! ;-)

But I did want to tell you that I have ordered several times from WenPearls and have found what I ordered to be exactly as described and the shipping time was reasonable from China in my opinion.

As to your question about gold over brass vs. silver I always prefer the gold over silver (vermeil) because I always prefer a precious metal over a base metal. Just my preference!! If the plating is not too thin, it shouldn't wear through too quickly. I have old, old vermeil jewelry that hasn't lost its plating......

I know I didn't answer your question, but I hope the answer helps you decide!

How do you attach the thread to the end caps? Is there a loop inside that cap?

Yes @pearldreams there is a hoop to attach the thread to. They did fail to take a photo of the interior of the caps.

I can't use vermeil. It wears off super fast. I avoid gold plated for the same reason. Gold filled works well for me.

Back