I am looking for an approximate pearl value chart

Mommyh

I have watched a few videos where people had a chart for the approximate pearl value?! I didn't think something like this was out on the internet. Does anyone know of the charts they are looking at? Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that link I am reading it now! :) I figured they were making up a such chart but didn't want to be rude when they quoted a price where someone bought an oyster with a pearl.

The oysters are akoya oysters but they contain a freshwater pearl. The buyer is supposed to think the pearl came from that oyster. It's deception, plain and simple.

I just seen the post. I think that is what they were using as they didn't want to show the camera. I was wondering how on earth can they price a pearl just based on size and color haha. I ended up deleting the page and telling my friends it wasn't worth it to buy. Thank you so much for your fast response :)

Oh I agree! I seen where people were asking what the oyster was and she acted like she didn't see the post. If I was a rude person I would of told her that they were Akoya cultured pearls. I am not sure why she just wouldn't tell the truth most people know what they are buying before they do. I seen so many but because they just wanted to see what color they got kind of like the lottery. I just couldn't stand to watch any of the pearl parties anymore.

That's what so great about this forum-- factual information about pearls at the ready! :)

You did well to advise your friends against the scam.

Back