I am a pearl wholesaler. I would like to sell to Americans

animals made of freshwater pearls

animals made of freshwater pearls

all of the pearls are freshwater ,some of color is dyed not natural :) just the photos is not good than actual practicality .

Attachments

• 100_1806.jpg
    100_1806.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_1797.jpg
    100_1797.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1799.jpg
    100_1799.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 41
pearl horse.JPG

This one is decorating my bathroom.....a superb kitsch !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Very cute figurines. Mandy, I was wondering in the thrid picture above the eagle picture, is that a pig on the shelf? I know it is the Year of the Boar, and it looked like a pig nose showing. Just curious because I like pigs. :D

Nora
That horse is so cute! It is cuddley.

Mandy,
Is that a horse or pony next to the pig? I'd love to see it. And a better pic of the Dragon too.

I dunno...these pearl animals are kinda creepy to me. Some can be cute (like nlerner's horse) but...yeah, not my cup of tea! ;)

I think the horse looks good, as does the dragon/crane, but it's mainly for really hardcore NCNs - I'm not quite that hardcore. Nice novelty items. I'd rather wear the pearls on myself though. I think the first picture shows a dog. Not too sure though.

I had no idea they could do it with pearls. Anymore surprises?

And I thougth I had an expensive hobby! Cute.

salem said:
Hi,

Very cute figurines. Mandy, I was wondering in the thrid picture above the eagle picture, is that a pig on the shelf? I know it is the Year of the Boar, and it looked like a pig nose showing. Just curious because I like pigs. :D

yes ,it's pig's nose .

Attachments

• 100_1804.jpg
    100_1804.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 49
I thought so, I am pretty good at spotting pigs! it is kinda weird, I never thought pigs were cute until I came to Japan. Now I love them and see them everywhere(esp as kids toys). I had never seen anything like these figurines before. How common are they?

Hi All,

Those pearl animals are larger than I originally thought! The pearls look like fairly good quality also. Are the pearls glued or or sewed on? I do think they are quite charming!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I thought I read about these animals before.
The Strack book mentions them and other things like ties, shirts, waistcoats and dresses. She talks about it on page 441 for those who are interested.

Alain

Pattye,

The horse is 20 cm (8 inches) long and 16 cm (6.25 inches) high at the head. The mane and tail are strands of pearls and the body is covered with interwoven strung pearls neatly glued on.

Normally, I wouldn't go for this kind of art.

I like this nice goat and put it in my bedroom .:p

Attachments

• 100_1826.jpg
    100_1826.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 41
Aycee said:
I thought I read about these animals before.
The Strack book mentions them and other things like ties, shirts, waistcoats and dresses.

Dresses! One of those should weigh a ton :eek: ... and would probably go just fine with these cuties down here.

Speaking of (way!) alternative pearl uses:

pearlshellshoenu8.png

Wouldn't mind some seed pearl embroidery though, that's for sure :cool:

The shoe! Oh my gosh. Unreal. Ana, where do you come up with such things? :)

Wow, that shoe is different. Certainly isn't my taste. The pearls aren't so bad, but those shells (IMHO) just seem kind of tacky to me. But then, I am not into flashy colors at all. I am a much more subtle kind of girl.

Just looked outrageous to me :rolleyes:

Would rather imagine that sort of decoration on flip flops (or some other informal, summery concoction), and definitely prefer real shells to those.

Can't remember who makes the sandals - Lanvin, perhaps. Feel free to guess the price tag! :eek: Prada came up with black pearl set mules this spring, using realistic-looking shell pearls in different shades of gray. Those on the sandals are fakes too.

Along the same lines, has anyone seen those necklaces with cocos fiber and black pearls? Didn't look them up online yet - saw one at a get together earlier this week and totally fell for the mix of textures although the rough fibers were not exactly comfortable on the skin. The pearls were nothing to write home about on the example I saw, perhaps the maker didn't dare 'waste' valuable pearls on such a setting, but I would have:cool:

Back