How to get a certificate of authenticity for Peals?

elmarquex

Hi guys -

This is a nice forum and I see a lot of people collaborating?this is great. good job.

I am new to the Forum and I have a quick question. is there a way I can get someone certify (in writing) if my pearls are real or not? I am not looking for the value of the item but rather to validate that they are real.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elmarquex,

Welcome! Sounds like you need to have someone look at your pearls in person and likely it would involve a fee for writing such a letter, even if it is not an appraisal, the letter would need to have a detailed description of the strand and a photo, to assure the pearls accompanying the letter would be the ones evaluated. So someone's time to prepare this = $$.

If you want an informal opinion, you can post some good photos of your strand here, against a white paper towel, and we would be happy to comment. If the pearls are imitation, we can almost always tell.

Do you have loose pearls? a necklace? Please tell us all you know about the item or items.

Or you could start out by rubbing two of the pearls gently against each other or one against a tooth... If it feels smooth, it's likely imitation pearls. Real pearls feel more gritty.

And Pattye is right. The people here on PG are very good at telling you what you've got!

- Karin

Back