How Did I Do?

Jeweljunke

Alright. I'm new...a baby...I've never done this before...but... I had to share. I LOVE Sea of Cortez pearls. I did a google search for Sea of Cortez mabe pendant. I found several. All LOTS o'$. I did buy one from a member of this forum, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. But like anyone with an obsession, I could not help myself, I kept looking. Tell me what you think, I found, bought and have received this:

Attachments

• 249239942.jpg
    249239942.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 249273167.jpg
    249273167.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 249273253.jpg
    249273253.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 43
That one is a rare treasure! I love the goldwork! It is such a pretty frame for the pearl! I didn't know anyone on this forum had Cortez pearls in designs like that! That one is a wear every day item.

Pattye, It is 14k gold. The artist says it was made using the lost wax process. The photos are the artist's photos. I did not take my own photos yet, but her pics are so true to the piece that I don't know if I'll bother taking my own. But I probably will, just to see if I can capture the same true beauty of her pics.

Caitlin, I did order a Sea of Cortez pendant from someone on this forum, but I have not received THAT one yet. These pictures are another pendant I found while waiting for my PG purchase, and I could not resist, so I bought this one too. This artist is not on PG. And it is STUNNING in person. Looks EXACTLY like the photos, and it is HEAVY. I was more than happy when I opened the package yesterday :)

That is stunning - what a great find! Wear it in good health. :)

[BTW: I am loving the Facebook feed - I get real-time (ish) notices of the new posts here so I can keep up more effectively.]

Thank you guys. The artist has a different one with Sea of Cortez mabe pearl for sale, but I fell in love with this one. I am so new here, I don't know if I am allowed to say where I got it and post her link. I think the price was half of what it should have been. And thank you all for the warm welcome on my very first post!

You just can't go wrong with Cortez pearls and love the organic nature of the setting.

Thank you guys. The artist has a different one with Sea of Cortez mabe pearl for sale, but I fell in love with this one. I am so new here, I don't know if I am allowed to say where I got it and post her link. I think the price was half of what it should have been. And thank you all for the warm welcome on my very first post!

Correct me if I'm wrong (Caitlin or Jeremy) but I am under the impression that it is okay to link to quality dealers when it is not furthering one's own interest. And frankly I am bursting with cusiosity!

- Karin

Please post your personal experience, with names and/ or links, at any time. Your personal experience, good or bad, is not considered spam.

Wow I love the design- Cortez pearls are a bit of a thing for me too ;) Their colors are just so incredible!
I think I like your designer's birdhouses- too cute.

That's beautiful JJ! I tend to prefer pearls set in either old fashioned mountings or organic ones such as that - never seen a design like that before - it really compliments the pearl! Lovely! I hadn't seen that artist on Etsy either. I'll have to check her out....... (I just bought a MOP carving set in a horrible mounting and was thinking of having it reset - perhaps I'll ask her to look at it and come up with something!)

- Jodie -

Mausketeer, I Have an unset Sea of Cortez mabe I bought not too long ago, maybe I'll ask her if she does do special orders. I'd love for her to do a ring to coordinate with the pendant I purchased from her.

Cool! There is nothing like having a custom piece made! So satisfying!

What a perfect setting for that beautiful pearl! Thanks for sharing :)

Back