Hong Kong -sept

For those who are going to Hong Kong, there is a pearl talk by Nicolas Sturman from GIA Bangkok, maybe those who go can meet eachother there.

On September 14, Nicholas Sturman, senior manager of Global Pearl Services at GIA, will give a presentation focusing on pearl identification from a modern laboratory’s perspective. The seminar, “Pearls and their Identification in the 21st Century,” will take place at the AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE), Room 201B, Level 2, from 11am to 12pm.

Cees

For those who are going to Hong Kong, there is a pearl talk by Nicolas Sturman from GIA Bangkok, maybe those who go can meet eachother there.

On September 14, Nicholas Sturman, senior manager of Global Pearl Services at GIA, will give a presentation focusing on pearl identification from a modern laboratory’s perspective. The seminar, “Pearls and their Identification in the 21st Century,” will take place at the AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE), Room 201B, Level 2, from 11am to 12pm.

Cees
Yes, he is great!

Sounds good !

Cees

Hello, all PG members, after reading all your advices, i change my mind, and wait for the HK show to spend my money for pearls, Katbrand my lists are ready, and i've made a "sample" necklace of all pearls i want to buy, and plan to visit hong kong before the show, i think to go to the Sturman presentation too,

It's been a great time so far .... Spending FAR too much lol it's a bad place to be when you have the attention span of a gnat and are distracted by shiny things ! But prices on many items have dropped ..other risen ...as I'm not a buyer of round white pearls most of the fluctuation doesn't effect me ...in fact the things I wanted are cheaper than the earlier shows ! thank goodness ! I had lots of appointment but it's darn hard to stick to a schedule ( the attention span and my distractible nature come into play here) ...but I'm obviously spending enough as they all keep taking me to banquet lunches ! The fair doesn't start for a few days .... But looking forward to searching out new things.

Sounds wonderful, Katbran! I'm working too, but not nearly as much fun as looking at shiny objects and getting taken to banquet lunches...

It is huuuuuumid here and the pearls are gorgeous...so much lustre. Every visit the quality goes up. I've put some photos on facebook but by the time I'vd eaten and then snagged a few pokemon I was too tired to write my blog last night. No pearl shopping tomorrow as everone will be pavking for the show so will aim to sit and write and reflect on this trip so far

Okay..first pearls of the day. Small colourful and shiny ripples.
2016-09-11 11.02.53.jpgp

Thank u Pearlescence and Katbran for the photos.
So much fun with loads and loads of pearls.
Katbran How does the gold Edison compare with SSP??

Wow-- I had no idea Edisons were being produced in gold colors in such quantities! Did you happen to get a close up shot?

And I'm really curious about your statement that GSS are so much nicer-- please elaborate.
And what were the prices like on the Edisons?

I'm rotating that shot for you...

Attachments

• gold Edisons, full size.jpg
    gold Edisons, full size.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
You can see the ear wax yellow look of the dye when they are massed in trays but individually....very close. If i were a gss producer or seller I should be starting to worry because they are clise...and the average buyer wants the look and if can get for a fraction of the price.
Same with whites. There are big round white strands here and singles that are very very close.

Wendy,
Are you saying the gold colored Edisons are dyed? I didn't think any Edisons were dyed and assumed they had achieved the gold color naturally.

Back