Holiday Wish List

pattye - snickering over your "faux Fiji". Thanks for the giggle this morning. Next year hoping you can indulge in a single Fiji pearl for a necklace. Of course, it probably won't be as cute as this one. Very pretty pearl with those greeny-golds.

I mentioned a couple days ago that I regretted not buying the white baroque akoyas from PP a couple of years ago. So yesterday, PP put white baroque akoyas on sale.

Me, too. I ordered this strand as well. Mine hasn't shipped yet. Thank you for the photos -- I love that nested look with your mother's necklace.

Lilpearl, is that your hand or a stock photo? I'd love to see it on your hand.

Here you go! It’s a 12-13mm WSSP! 93E174EF-6207-47E0-B269-0CE60AB5D519.jpg

BWeaves, your new baroques are lovely...I'd be tempted to slice them up and make a longer rope mixed with blue baroque akoyas with rose gold elements.

JP: Hehehehe, I like the way you think. Although, that would make it look a lot like my Everything Bagel rope, and I don't need two. But I'll keep it in mind. I did ask Erin at PP, and she said the rosey baroque strands had the best luster. They had some more silver to ivory strands, but they weren't as shiny. Anyway, I think I rather like that it doesn't match. It makes my pearl stash more interesting.

Lilpearl: I love your ring. For some reason, it reminds me of a dragon's egg that's trying to hatch. I love it.

Pattye: That is so interesting. I really like it. How on earth did you get the chain through the pearl?

Ennui: Please post yours when you get them. TWINSIES!!!

Lilpearl: your ring is lovely.

BWeaves: All of your strands are beautiful and I like the picture of you wearing them all together!

Bweaves..woah! I am loving the three strand look! I have some baroques from PP of the same size that are also super pink (but also super lustrous) that I was wary of at first but am in love now. They are one of my main go-to strands. They look even better with your other akoyas!

Lilpearl - that is one awesome ring! Wonderful choice. (I agree with pattye that you may need to reconsider your name lol)

Pattye- I love your faux fiji! I am fiji-less at the moment also, dreaming of a piece of my own.

Thanks, lary007. I feel more confident about the baroque akoyas knowing that the good ones are all pinked. 35 years ago, I only wanted pinked pearls, as I thought that's what they were supposed to look like. But even my old pearls aren't nearly as pink as these. But they read as white from a distance.

I've always wanted a triple strand necklace, but I'm actually having more fun inventing triples from my stash, as opposed to having an already made to order triple (although there may be one in my future). And I keep forgetting about my dog collar. Now that it's getting colder, I need to wear it more. It's a bit too much when the weather is hot because it keeps my neck warm.

Now I keep lusting after a large SS necklace. I didn't like SS pearls until I saw the really good ones at PP and in everyone on PG's collections. Now, I'm lusting after one. It never ends.

BWeaves, my baroque akoyas from PP's 2015 April special are also pinked. They look white against my skin but pink when laid next to my other white strands on a white background.

What shape of SSP do you like more-- round or baroque?

Baroque, but it depends on the baroque. But not too weird baroque. Smooth and shiney and with lots of orient. Not flat or satiny.

Four or five years ago I saw a strand of huge freeform baroque SSP in Greenwich...at $16,000 they would never be more than a dream. The surface was very smooth and clean, the luster was out of sight! The shapes were like flying saucers!
Sadly I didn't take a photo. I just stood at the window and drooled.

Lilpearl that is a very gorgeous tara WSSP ring! The size looks perfect on your hand! May I ask which vendor carries?

Bweaves love that 'faux' fiji pearl necklace!

-8mm

BWeaves - love the three together and it doesn't look as pink on your neck as it did in the other photos ( as PD mentioned happens with hers) . It's got great lustre and I think you are right, the colour difference makes it an interesting combination.

lilpearl - lovely ring ! Very pretty WSS and I like the design.

Pattye - your Faux Fiji is great ! I love the two toned pearls ! And that wheat chain is great Oxidised !

BWeaves, I love the colour and luster of your baroque akoya, and they look great layered!

lilpearl- love your new ring!

Pattye, gorgeous pearl. I love the funky shape and what a beautiful colour! It looks almost rainbow.

My mismatched studs arrived from Oceans Cove and I LOVE them! And how cute is the packaging!

ABC5FF64-9BBF-4FED-BAE6-3D4F60E43D6D.jpg

DF56F036-8394-46F6-B047-5C81DFBE9FB7.jpg

7FED87C9-2C03-4F66-A944-4DFA2C72F031.jpg

2F52C0E8-539F-4B80-911B-9E781DDCA371.jpg

DAFAA5A6-EA9A-49E1-BEAB-B7F492833508.jpg

Pretty Tahitian earrings, Sanippy! Wear them in good health.
Happy holidays, guys, enjoy your purchases! :)

Back