Help with Identification of Pearl Necklaces - Samourai

momsjewel

Hello group. I recently purchased these 3 necklaces and need help identifying them. They are very irridescent and have 14k clasps. There is a tag on on two of them reading Samourai cultured pearls with a price of $175.00 on the back. One necklace is larger and the pearls are shaped differently and not as colorful. They are older and have amethyst also. I researched Samourai for over an hour and can only find some information about a International Pearl Summit which mentions someone from Samourai and mentions Switzerland. Any information would definitely be appreciated. Thank you all. pearl amethyst necklaces close samourai tags.jpgpearl amethyst necklace lot 3 samourai.jpgpearl amethyst necklace samourai tag.jpgpearl amethyst necklace samourai tag back price.jpgpearl amethyst necklace long samourai maybe close.jpgpearl amethyst necklace 14k samourai tag.jpg

Freshwater "rice krispie" pearls. :) These were popular in the 1970s/1980s.

They look good with the amethyst beads!

I agree, Freshwater rice krispie pearls from the 70's and 80's. They are inexpensive, but fun to wear. Given the age of the pearls, the brand Samourai may not be in business anymore.

Thank you for the replies. I thought they were rice krispie pearls also but was perplexed because the price tag was so high at $715.00. Also, the larger necklace a different shape to it and the pearls are bigger. Would they still be considered rice krispie pearls?

The larger ones are also freshwater pearls, but may be a bit more recent than the smaller ones as culturing techniques improved over time.

I agree that the price tag is high! Probably they were originally sold in an upscale store.

I guess that's the case. Shame they have gone down in value so much - probably supply and demand. I was thinking of combining and wearing the necklaces with silver ones of similar colors. May just have some fun with them. Thanks for your reply.

I wonder if they were HK dollars and not US dollars. The spelling for samurai is incorrect too, so I'm not completely convinced that was a Japanese company, although it very well could have been. Growing up in Japan, there were so many misspellings.

Back