Help on finding natural loose pearl

I'll never get tired of seeing that pearl, Caitlin. That is why I hope pearlvl1 finds something as beautiful and durable. :)

Wow, that's a beautiful pearl, Caitlin. That's great to hear that it has lasted generations. I really hope I can find a pearl that can last that long.

Just some updates - I spoke with someone at thepearlcollector.com and unfortunately they do not have anything that meet my specs. They said they would keep looking.

Jeremy has yet to reply. I understand that he's really busy so I didn't expect anything this quick.

I also spoke with PearlParadise because I've read a lot of good things about them on this forum. They said they would look into it for me.

Thanks again for all of the help everyone! I'll keep you all updated.

Please do. A natural engagement ring is a big event around here!

I just wanted to comment on the ring- the gold is more beat up than the pearl. That should tell you something, LOL!

pearlvl1,

I have one measuring 7.60mm which may suit you. I will take photos of it tomorrow in daylight and post them to you if you want. You can PM me or I can put the photos here. It is round or eye round but is half drilled. It is an antique pearl but has never set in a ring so just needs a good clean. I do want to take candling photos of it for safety.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

hello.i was browsing this forum the other day as to my astonishment on new years eve after years and years of eating oysters i went to my local reputable fish mongers in south london and purchased 25 oysters for new years eve for my wife and i.i opened up a dozen and just before midnight we sat down with some champpagne and the oysters i had just opened.as i was eating one of them i bit down on something very hard.i spat it out and to my astonishment there was a perfectly formed nearly perfectly spherical shiny pearl.its 4 mm in diameter and is a very interesting colour that i can only describe as being like green grey blackish marble colour.the oysters are wild pacific oysters and im currently taking some pictures to show you guys.some people tell me its pricelesss and some others laugh and tell me they would give me ten pounds for it.ill post some pictures in a seperate topic shortly!!!!

Back