Help me pick one....

Diadiva

Community member
I emailed Jeremy last week for a multi-coloured necklace. He responded swiftly as always and came back with 6 options. They are all gorgeous and I'm torn.

Take a look and let me know which one you'll choose and why.

PPMultiColouredChoices.jpg

I already have several strands of tahitians and they are attached below the PP pearls for your reference so I don't end up with too many similar strands.

4120034140_4744c8001e.jpg

Thanks for your help everyone.

Hmmm...my photo from Photobucket is missing the numbers. Here are the PP choices again.

4273480349_3280778bfb_o.jpg

Arghhhhhh...my apologies but the pictures are not cooperating. Here is my last attempt.

4273480349_8a4ba76eaf.jpg

I just posted on the other forum! I still say Hands down, #4!!! I love the size, the roundness, the colors, and the arrangement of the pearls. I really don't think it will look to much like one of your strands since it has more white/silvery pearls. I also like how it reminds me of an "UPSCALE" SS pearl necklace... a little like the "Pelosi" look. Just Gorgeous!!! If I had a second choice, it would be #3....but I worry that they may be too small. What are the specs? #3 may be a good choice if you want a smaller strand than the ones you currently have. Just my preferrence, but I do prefer the more rounder pearls...........:) Can't wait to see what you decide! What a fabulous collection you have....... You will have to post a new avatar...LOL!

My first preference is #4 and then #3. Again, like PearlDreamer I like the rounder pearls. And I am no expert - so can't really say much about lustre, colour and such. It's a hard choice to make when they are all beautiful.

My thoughts
SR

#3, #4 and #5 for overall (relative) size and shape...all have a beautiful mix of colors which would be unique compared to your other necklaces.

# 4, because more dark colored pearls, the larger size of the pearls, ans fewer of the long pointy ones.

Choices, choices, choices..........I'm a fan of #1 and #5 for a few reasons that are based on my personal preference. I have always wanted a multicolored baroque Tahitian necklace but one with lots of color variation and with obviously ringed pearls. But any of them would be fabulous! Kate

I like 3 and 4 for the balanced mix of colors. Great overtones and not too elongated shapes (elongated is not my personal preference). I would really love to have one of those ;)

Maria

#5. Good shape and size distribution. :)

#4 is my favorite. Love the size, shape and color of the strand. Of course they are all beautiful.

They are all pretty. But I don't like #4 that much. Just too generic. I can understand some people like rounder pearls, thus #4. I picked #6 for color and luster. It caught my eyes at first sight!

Edited: first 3 strands have too many lighter color pearls. # 4 is too generic, don't like the color distribution. #5 & 6 are very uniform regarding colors on both sides of necklaces. #6 wins hands down for colors and luster, especially 3 center pearls.

Last edited:
Diadiva:
I like 4 and 5.
4 is a little rounder and 5 also has great uniformity. What are you looking for? Do you want those lovely long wicked teardrops or something more uniform?

barbie

I would never describe any of these strands as generic. #6 is nice, but according to your other strands Diadiva, you seem to have pearls somewhat the same shape. Is it possible to get separate pics of the strands you are drawn to the most like PP did for me? That way you don't have the shadows of the other strands playing off of eachother. I am still voting for #4.

In my opinion, for a first strand, someone may consider #4. It does seem like a typical Tahitian strand you usually see. Overall, you see mostly various shades of green and white pearls. Some white ones have slight bronze to it, which I am not too fond of. But DiaDiva has lots of other strands already. #6 has more punch to it with lots of colors. Like Patty said, some of the pearls are multicolor. Also, the center pearl has teal tip and the 2 flanking it have shimmer of pink, which spelled out "buy me", at least to me.

Last edited:
I have several strands of pearls and my first real pearl strand was baroque, with the other strands that I have bought after that being baroque too...so that is why I bought the more rounder tahitians strand. I would say it is more about personal taste than anything.......... I personally don't like the pointier pearls with the tips on them.... but I am only judging by a picture. IRL, I may like them in person more...especially with the beautiful display of colors.......

ETA: I am no pearl expert by any means...... I just know what I am drawn too...

I have several strands of pearls and my first real pearl strand was baroque, with the other strands that I have bought after that being baroque too...so that is why I bought the more rounder tahitians strand. I would say it is more about personal taste than anything.......... I personally don't like the pointier pearls with the tips on them.... but I am only judging by a picture. IRL, I may like them in person more...especially with the beautiful display of colors.......

ETA: I am no pearl expert by any means...... I just know what I am drawn too...

That's why there are so many shapes and colors to keep all of us happy. :)

Back