Hair pieces you lovely lot have made - any inspiration?

Amanda

I'm turning over in my mind a pearl-based hair piece - I've got a black tie bash next month, and I want to make something to wear in my hair, to distract from the fact that I'm 6 months pregnant and my posh frock doesn't fit properly (-:

I've seen lots of lovely things you talented lot have made - any inspiration?

I have in mind at the moment creamy-coloured pearls and amethyst beads.

I'm thinking of something a bit smaller, probably attached to a very small claw-type grip. Perhaps one on each side. Loose at hte back, just pinned up at side or top. A bit like this, perhaps:

011911-dianna-agron-400.jpg

I need to be jolly careful it doesn't look wedding-y, though, as the image would be of a shotgun marriage!

I transformed a couple of plastic head bands once. Painted them in a metallic gold or bronze and used the teeth to position a bronze wire with gems on it so they stayed on the top.

- Karin

That sounds lovely, Karin. Do you have a photo of one of them?

I wasn't using them so the intention was to recycle the gems. I'll have a look and see if I ever got that far :)

- Karin

I'm thinking of something a bit smaller, probably attached to a very small claw-type grip. Perhaps one on each side. Loose at hte back, just pinned up at side or top. A bit like this, perhaps:

View attachment 28013

I need to be jolly careful it doesn't look wedding-y, though, as the image would be of a shotgun marriage!

ROFL !! Hilarious!!! :D

But lovely idea !

Amanda, I was just wondering if you made something after all? When you said you'd like to distract from your baby bump, I was thinking wow, that's going to be one huge, sparkly hair clip!

Back