Greenhills Tour

perlas

So the "infamous" Greenhills has been talked about in this forum. I am currently in Manila and had done some pearl shopping. :)

Just in case forum members are curious how it looks like, here are some photos! It has over a hundred booths selling south sea pearls, freshwater pearls, gemstones, diamonds, fake pearls, fake gemstones - and they are all together side by side!

So you really need to know what you are buying - although looking at Greenhills will give you an idea on what's new and available in the market as sellers get their wares locally, in Hongkong, and in Japan, especially for pearls.

Disclaimer: You have to know your pearls when shopping at Greenhills. The pearl quality is so diverse you can either get a bargain or get ripped off! Pearls of natural color, dyed, irradiated, high quality, dirt quality, and fakes are all together and a lot of booths carry all these types! It's fun for pearl hunting, though. :)

So here's a simple tour of Greenhills!

Booths at Greenhills:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
What's being sold:

Strands and loose Tahitians on natural and dyed chocolate color and south sea pearls.

image.jpg

South Sea pearl strands and diamond sets. Notice some have fake Chanel settings.

image.jpg

A mixed South Sea and Tahitian rope.

image.jpg

More South Sea pearls. Notice the seller that carries South Sea pearls also sells some plastic "Christmas-decor-look-alike-earrings" on top of the glass case. Lol.

image.jpg

Semi-precious stones set in silver with champagne South Seas. I bought the one with amethysts and pearls. :)

image.jpg

Freshwater pearls and red corals.

image.jpg

Freshwater pearls - mixed at a booth, some dyed ones, some beaded at 15mm strands.

image.jpg

Loose diamonds.

image.jpg

One of the seller's stock of freshwater pearls.

image.jpg

Golden akoyas.

image.jpg

Loose South Seas.

image.jpg

Bought a golden south sea button strand and I'm having them strung with onyx spacers. Light doesn't reflect the color. I also bought 2 Edison studs of 14.5mm and purple ones at 15mm.

image.jpg

Thank you for sharing. I would love to visit Greenhills one day. If you have any booth to recommend do let me know.

Purranha, the thing is, I have to have a budget going to Greenhills! There are seasons when things are crappy, and seasons when things are great! When the economy was down, there were more low-end stuffs. Now Asian economy is great, so there are better pearls. The thing is, the enhancements are getting better, so most deep golden south seas are color enhanced. In fact, I only saw 3 booths with a natural colored deep gold south sea strands - given that the south seas are from the Philippines!

I ended up hoarding pearls - an amethyst and champagne south sea necklace, a peacock-colored baroque Tahitian strand, 2 Edison studs of 14mm and 15mm, a 16mm button golden south sea pearl studs (good in front mismatched on the sides so I might reset them into pendants if ever), a golden south see button strand with onyx spacers, a dyed freshwater tassel, a white freshwater bracelet. Yikes!

I'm thinking of buying an oval natural colored deep golden south sea strand in Greenhills or a baroque strand at Jewelmer but I'm still trying to hold back because I've already bought a lot!

Thank you for sharing. I would love to visit Greenhills one day. If you have any booth to recommend do let me know.

Kalmen22, the booths are shuffled at Greenhills monthly! It depends on what you want to buy. But for high quality ones, most are not displayed so ask the sellers to open their vaults! Many have vaults behind their booths but even at the vaults, now I'm quite disappointed to see some color-enhanced golden south seas. :(

So very interesting, and as I don't expect to ever visit the Philippines, wonderful to see the photos!

Thanks for posting these wonderful photos of your visit! It is so helpful to see. Please do post shots of your purchases!!

I will take shots tomorrow when there is light but here is the amethyst and south sea necklace I bought and the Peacock Tahitian strand. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks MSC and Pearl Dreams. Glad you find it interesting. :)

This is great. I have always wondered what it was like and thanks to you, now I know! You purchased some beautiful pearls. And thanks for the instant neck shot - princess-worthy!

oh my, i'd be out of money FAST if i ever visited that place. Thanks for the tour! LOVE the amethyst necklace, i've not seen anything like that ever before!

they are shuffled monthly... thats hard to follow.

your items look amazing.. the 2 edisons look mighty huge. ear shots please!

and the amethyst gssp... woah.. Royalty alert

What an adventure! Please post more photos regarding your other purchases. The amethyst and gold pearl necklace is divine.

Ohhhhh awesome, so much fun, and a beautiful loot you've got there!

Back