Genuine or not genuine mabe?

Claudia

Hello,
I?ve had a rough conversation this week with a supplier, regarding ? genuine ? mabe pearls ;
What do you think:
I?ve been ordering two ?genuine gold south sea mabe?, the price was very low (USD $44,00), but I already purchased such pearls before at low price, so I wasn?t amazed;
When I have receive the mabe, I already check them to verify the authenticity;
The general look: dome : color cooper-like; base: white mother pearl;
I first check the surface: very smooth, not gritty; the color: cooper-like, very homogeneous; the shape: semi spherical;
Then, I have checked the mabes through my microscope (x50) : the surface shown thousand (million) of glitters, inside resin;
Between the dome and the base, I clearly saw a line of glue;
I have informed my supplier that the mabes was fake, and I wanted a refund; She has accepted; but forwarding my message to her own supplier, from Indonesia, he turned furious;
After words and words, my supplier made a test in order to check the authenticity of the mabes; the photos she sent me, just confirmed that the mabes was fake, artificially made hand manufactured, and enhanced; she just got an empty dome of nacre, entirely fulfilled with resin, and pasted with glue to the mother pearl base;
Can this ?mabe? can be called GENUINE?

According to previous mabes I received from Australia and China (freshwater mabes), none of them has been such manufactured; if the nucleus of South sea pearls was effectively removed (only the nucleus, not all the inside), they was not entirely fulfilled with resin; just enough to replace the nucleus empty, and the dome was 100% natural, not enhanced with resin and glitters;

I also received blisters pearls (attached to the shell) and noticed that Freshwater mabes wasn?t treated at all (those from my supplier, the others, no idea)
You will see the photos, can you kindly give me your opinion please,
Many thanks in advance

Returned mabe - Claudia.jpg8 color substance scraped out of dome.jpg12 all mabe parts - dome resin MOP&glue color.jpg7 inside dome close up.jpgFWP Mabe.jpg

The base of genuine mabe pearls are normally cut along the Z axis. These are cut on Y.

A shaped object is placed between the mantle and shell, where concentric layers accumulate. As such, genuine mabe pearls are classified as "extrapallial" in origin.

Mother of pearl cups cut from shells are neither concentric nor extrapallial. Despite using shell material, they're machine made. Hence faux.

Thank you for your reply, and explanation
So, do I understand well, these photos show fake mabe?

What's worse, they are not even good fakes and definitely not South Sea.

Marine shells are typically thin, while fresh water shells are thick. These appear to be ground from freshwater shell.

The resin used appears unstable, possibly systemic or toxic. Inadvertently broken, these could ruin garments or other objects.

As worthless trinkets with possible health hazards and fraudulent representation makes these best avoided.

Back