Fraudulent Akoya Pearl Seller BBB Rated

lisawalker

I thought I have seen everything but sort of outraged after seeing a pearl party seller have an A- BBB rating. I was under the assumption most of the facebook sellers are selling young akoya oysters with freshwater pearls in them. I find it hard to believe this seller is any different, yet they have an A- BBB rating? They are defrauding the public yet they have an excellent rating. It seems wrong on so many levels. I assume nothing can be done but having an A- rating only legitimizes the fraud that the sellers are perpetrating. This is my first post and it all turns my stomach. The world seems upside down sometimes and I needed to vent.

Here is the BBB rating- (edited]
Here is the seller-[edited]

Does this make anyone else angry?I don't know what can be done as it seems this sort of business is given a free pass to defraud unknowing people.

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:
lisawalker, I removed your links, but yes, many of us are frustrated at the pearl party nonsense.

As far as the BBB rating goes, as long as their customers don't file complaints, they will have a good rating.
Caveat emptor. :rolleyes:

The BBB is pretty useless... they act as an intermediary between two parties without really taking action. I filed with them regarding a well check visit with a doctor which was supposed to be covered 100%. But because the doctor's office did not file under the correct code, I was being charged. After 10 or so emails back and forth, the BBB closed the case bc the other party did not respond. It is filed on the company's record as unresolved and my complaint is on their page. However, unless someone checks the BBB no one will know how they rate. I feel like companies like Yelp and ratings of sellers on Amazon/Ebay are rated higher.

If you have been conned look up Ripoffreport.com and write up one on them. Yes, there are many people upset about the fraud that both facebook and paypal are allowing to go on.

There are many scammer pages dedicated to this menace but the pop up stores are coming on so fast you can't shutter them fast enough. There are buy and sell groups that out scammer sellers and are trying to police the industry from the inside too. You can report them if you join the closed groups, sometimes this is enough to make one clean up their act.

It is amazing how addicted some women are to this pearl party craze. They buy commercial grade pearls and after a short time could have purchased a great strand of quality pearls but instead are stuck with worthless garbage.

Back