Found these in a shoebox...

beadominguez

Well, my mom's friend was cleaning out her closet and I found these pearls and she said there for you. Well the tag is in russian and I don't know anyone who can read Russian. SO here they are: (they measure 3mm- 4mm)
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_2295.jpg

Sorry Bout the size of the pics, too lazy to resize teehee

As for Pix, bigger is better. Maybe those are dyed akoya, but they also look like quite round dyed freshwaters. I'll let someone else be definitive.

The typed text on the tag reads (very roughly)...."Mineral Product, g.SPB Russia, ul.Babuskina d:1"

We have a member who has a strand that size and very similar looking. Zeide E Erskine told her it was pearls from a species of snail, which she named in latin. At the time the consensus was they were CFWP, since they were bought in the Philippines. However, that one could have been small akoya too, come to think. When they are dyed, it really obscures what the original pearls looked like, at least in photos- maybe not in person.

The typed text on the tag reads (very roughly)...."Mineral Product, g.SPB Russia, ul.Babuskina d:1"

The typed text says: Company "Mineral Product" and the address;
The hand written part says: Black pearl necklace. ....nothing else, unfortunately

Today, another look and I am more sure it is freshwater. I see light banding- I think. How about a more closeup photo?

Back