First time knotting

Sokie

Community member
Hi everybody

Now I have finally knot my pearls thanks to some encouragement from this forum. I practiced on some inexpensive pearls for a while and finally I took the courage and began to knot. I bought the thread, french wire and needles from Patricia Saab Designs on Etsy, I chosed between three colors and decided finally on the color Mist. I had to use the thread double and it worked well. The hardest part I think was the ending of the necklace but were quite pleased with the end result. I must say it was so much fun to knot, and now I want to knot more but I have no more pearls, for now that is ....:D
The winter is now coming to Sweden and I dare not send for more pearls thanks to the cold weather and it gives me more time to save money for more pearls.:rolleyes:
IMG_7167.jpg
IMG_7155.jpg
It was really easy to work with the Beaders Secret, love that thread!

Sokie you did a wonderful job! And your pearls are gorgeous! May I ask where you got them from?

Hi everybody

Now I have finally knot my pearls thanks to some encouragement from this forum. I practiced on some inexpensive pearls for a while and finally I took the courage and began to knot. I bought the thread, french wire and needles from Patricia Saab Designs on Etsy, I chosed between three colors and decided finally on the color Mist. I had to use the thread double and it worked well. The hardest part I think was the ending of the necklace but were quite pleased with the end result. I must say it was so much fun to knot, and now I want to knot more but I have no more pearls, for now that is ....:D
The winter is now coming to Sweden and I dare not send for more pearls thanks to the cold weather and it gives me more time to save money for more pearls.:rolleyes:
View attachment 45896
View attachment 45897
It was really easy to work with the Beaders Secret, love that thread!

it looks professional, and your silvery pearls are so very pretty

You did a wonderful job! Pattye offers her thread in a couple of sizes (thicknesses). I find that I use #30 for smaller pearls and #20 for larger, however, not every color comes in every size. Mist is the perfect compliment to your lovely strand!

Thank you pearlescence, trulyviolet and JerseyPearl for your kind comments:)

JerseyPearl
It is so crazy , when I ordered I did not think of the size of the thread, I ordered #30, therefore I had to use the thread double.:rolleyes:
But it worked well to use double thread since Beaders Secret was easy to work with.

Very professional looking! What a gorgeous necklace.

I always knot with a doubled thread. It's much easier than using a single thread. With a doubled thread you just pull the two threads apart and the knot snugs up next to the pearl. With only a single thicker thread, it's much more challenging to get that knot to snug up next to the pearl.

Thank you BWeaves and LVLanghanke for your kind comments:eek:

BWeaves
It was just the way I did it and it was pretty easy when you got the hang of it.

LVLanghanke
This is my first Tahitian pearls and I love them.

Great job! I can really appreciate the beauty because your photographs are outstanding. :)

Aww thank you GemGeek, so kind words:eek:

I love taking pictures and I really like the macro function of the camera, sometimes you just want to get really close to the object.

Beautiful pearls and great job with the knotting, Sokie!
By the way, I think you could order some freshwater's now and make a lovely rope. It would be a nice winter project… pearls do not freeze :)

Pearl Dreams, Pattye and Marianne thank you for your kind words:eek:

Pearl Dream
It's actually because of you and some other ladies here at the forum that encouraged me to knot myself and I'm glad you did. And I really enjoyed doing it.

Pattye
I loved the Beaders Secret and would never use any other thread. So easy to work with and amazing colors.

Marianne
I would love to do a rope and I hope I can do it some day. I thought that the nacre was sensitive to cold that's why I was going to wait for the spring/summer before I order more pearls.

Lovely pearls, perfect color thread, and wonderful job knotting!

Great job, and the pearls look lovely on you.

DK :)

Back