First Natural Colored Freshwater Pearl Purchase

Much like your alls "natural gray" strands, in person th ones I purchased exhibit a lot of color variability. The smaller pearls are pretty nice for the price, but 9.5-10.5mm are a bit disappointing. I only purchased a half strand of those and thought they were spendy initially, now I definitely think that. There are a lot of surface blemishes. All the strands have some surface blemishes but the bigger ones have far more. Not sure if I'm going to return those or not. I was going to make a necklace with them and some hold vermeil components, but since I forgot that I didn't buy a full strand and they're not as nice as I would have liked, I'll probably pair then with some dark wood beads and oxidized silver components and call it a day. I've asked the vendor to find me 3-3.5mm strand of the same color so I can make a graduated tassle pendant. But really if there's a different vendor you all know and like who could supply them, I'd prefer not to buy from this vendor in the future.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'd like to get more 10mm light grey freshwater pearls and some 3mm grey fwp but I don't want to use that same vendor. Could you guys give me some references for vendors that are good to work with?

All the pearls turned out to be off-round to ovalish in shape. I paired some of the 4-5mm pearls with fluted emerald briolettes and little gold beads.
image.jpg

I love your emerald briolettes Andrea! It gives the pearls a different vibe. :)

Love the emerald briolettes with the pearls. I second neckshots, please.

Thanks, y'all! I've had the emeralds for about 20 years, just sitting in my safe waiting for the right project. I don't think this is necessarily the right project, but it's a for now project till I can afford to do something nicer. I actually made another necklace using the beads then ripped it apart. That one lasted 2 weeks, maybe this one will last longer. I used power pro and the arthritis in my hands had me using forceps to help guide the knots. Anyways, here's a neck shot!
image.jpg

Very, VERY pretty Andrea ... the emeralds are stunning, and a lovely contrast to set off the pearls. In the neck shot photo, there's great luster on those pearls!

Thanks, guys!
Jersey, the stations are these 1mm quad beads riogrande used (still do?) to make. They sell them in packs of 20. I like to use them for head pins too!

Last edited:
Back