Finally DONE with double-strand opera necklace...WHEW!

danachit

So after six months, I finally decided to knot the 60-inches of really nice pearls I bought for my best friend. I used white silk and a 14KW gold filigree round clasp. I used french bullion and my handy dandy tri-cord knotter to help with the actual work.

The first time, it took 4 hours. :eek:;) Yes, that's right...the first time. I accidentally made a mistake and knotted twice between two pearls. It was hardly noticeable but I knew it was there...SO...I did it again. This time was much faster and no mistakes. :)

The hardest part was in the very beginning when there was gobs and gobs of silk stretched across the sofa, but after the first 3 pearls were on and the other 200 pearls were on...it was a breeze. Well, maybe not a 'breeze'...more like a breeze with gusts up to 30mph.. :D

86695.jpg
[/IMG]

91819.jpg
[/IMG]

50073.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Well....truth be told, it isn't totally for free. She did my taxes, AND next week is her 50th BD. We've been closest of friends our entire lives...born right next door to one another.

Have yall ever made a beautiful necklace but you and only knew it wasn't perfect and it had one little flaw? Did you do it over?

I realized the pain of the re-do was much less than the pain of knowing one knot was bigger.

Oh, yeah. I too would have restrung that piece. Even if the little, tiny, barely noticable mistake was at the very end of the piece.

Customers are paying to have something done correctly, and it's part of my job to make sure they get what is expected, and more.

Beautiful work, well done. The longest I've strung is 60+ inches.

julie.

Excellent job! It's horrible when the mistake is noticed. I too, feel compelled to do it over. When you do it over, it's over. When you don't do it over, it nags forever.

Well done. You can't even hardly tell from here that the 18th knot of the left side is backwards. :D

Nah, Its really pretty

Last edited:
Well done. You can't even hardly tell from here that the 18th knot of the left side is backwords. :D

Nah, Its really pretty

:eek:!!

Don't do that! :D:D

It is a beautiful necklace! You did a fabulous Job! This is absolutely stunning!!!

Gorgeous strand, and I absolutely love that length.

Good job on the knotting. Those long strands can be a challenge! ;)

Back