Everyday pearls & their lovely keeper

snufflepig

I've always loved pearls, but a whole strand seems too fancy most of the time. With my e-bay dabbling I managed to round up some earrings, a necklace, and a ring (all akoya, I believe,) which go together quite nicely without being overwhelming. My Hello Kitty doll holds them while I sleep, so here's a photo of them at rest :)

Side note, the necklace is a single drilled pearl on a chain (as you can see from the photo). I adore it for its simplicity, but I feel as though the chain is going to wear away at the edges of the drill holes over time. Anybody have any advice for preventing/dealing with this? Is there anything I can safely "glue" the edges of the hole with to stop them from eroding, or is that not necessary? Many thanks!

Pearl Kitty.jpg

Don't worry about the pearl. I'll bet if it wears, it will not be noticable. You certainly have the best accessorized Hello Kitty!!!

Don't worry about the pearl. I'll bet if it wears, it will not be noticable. You certainly have the best accessorized Hello Kitty!!!

No doubt, she's a diva! She's also right next to my bed, so she's convenient... but... don't mention that to her. ;)

She may be wanting to add to her wardrobe - watch out! ;)

My excuse for my next eBay purchase... the cat made me do it? No, not the real one... >.>

I see Octavia has a friend.

That avatar for GemGeek is Octavia. Octavia is a talking oyster and has traveled the world with members of pearl guide, though she resides with GG.:D:D

Back