Dreamy

OK, so here is the final version...I decided to use Beader's Secret in storm (#20/heavy) for this rope...the white bumpers were bugging the bumpers out of me. I really like the way it came out, and the black gimp works so nicely, picking up the darker tones. I will eventually replace the jump rings with black rhodium (once I find them). For now, though, the contrast of yellow gold isn't bothering me as much as the bumpers did!

I have to comment specifically on the Beader's Secret used in this project...it worked perfectly. The pearls were drilled with 2 different sized holes, 0.8mm and 1.0mm. I used 1.0mm holed pearls on the last 4 pearls for each end, and I had no difficulties at all. The heavier weight of the thread really provides a wonderful drape to the strand, much more supple and more "finished" looking than the wire. I will say, however, that the gimp worked well over the super fine beading wire, and I will definitely use that again in the future. It made a very nice cover over the wire. Both Beader's Secret and the gimp are from dear pattye. IMG_3870.jpgIMG_3872.jpg

credits: Jacques for the beautiful pearls; stringing supplies pattye; and clasp la_corsetiere

Last edited:
JerseyPearl and Sheri, this necklace and clasp is beautiful, and brilliant!

I love the octo mermaid playdate clasp! Between the beautiful, unique clasp and the gorgeous "harvest" of pearls, that makes for one stunning neck piece!

It turned out beautifully JP! You must be thrilled with this piece.

Aquatic Victoria Grayson

Aquatic Victoria Grayson

Inspired by both JP's "dreamy" necklace and Purranha's Victoria Grayson tassel (and penchant for layering), I made my own aquatic tassel version - circled Tahitians, octo-mermaid clasp, with sterling tassel dangling from octo hook. My silver squidlet had to come out and join the party!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 37
AAAAHHHHHHHH OMG LLLLOOOOVVVEEEEE the Aquatic Playdate Party!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! The layering looks AMAZING! and heeellllooooo Squidlet!!!

I so need to order myself some!!!!!!!! I love how the Octo Mermaid clasp can be used in conjunction or as individual clasp - 2 clasp in 1!!! I was trying so hard to resist the PP Tahitian sale, but this is making me want another Tahitian rope!!!

Does the Playdate clasp come in other metal/color Sheri? I'm loving the color combo of while pearls with silver & rose metals lately!

Oh, Sheri!!! My oh my, that is FABULOUS!!! Please do tell me of the treatment on Ms. Mermaid...she is gorgeous. I was actually thinking that a tassel would set "dreamy" in to full blown fantasy mode. Is your strand on wire? And what are the end beads you are using? They look great with the clasp and pearls.

OMG Sherri your pearls are just TDF love everything about how you styled and are wearing all of them :)

Beautifully put together and worn! The tassel sets it off to new heights!

The octo queen does it again! Love your new creation, Sheri :)

I love the storm thread on your harvest strand! Great combo and that clasp is just precious!!!

Back