Did I miss out on the greatest deal of ALL TIME or did I avoid getting hustled?

Bidding has ended. Oh well, I guess it got away before your reception came back on!

Yeah this was like two days ago but I'm still kind of stewing about it, thought I'd ask you guys if I should feel better or worse! :)

Even if they were all costume jewelry, they look very well made for $55. I would have leapt at it.

But I'm sure there will be a next time. Don't worry.

Last edited:
Definitely a bargain at 55 USD for the lot!

DK :)

Sadly, yes-- that would have been a great bargain!

But you have no way of knowing how high the winning bid actually was. The $55 that shows is merely one increment over the next lower bid. For all you know, the winner bid hundreds of dollars.

I would have bid on that lot in a heartbeat. A Tahitian, a certed natural-color akoya ... everything appears to be real. All the Japanese writing states Real Pearls.

This was an UNreal deal for someone.

Sadly, yes-- that would have been a great bargain!

But you have no way of knowing how high the winning bid actually was. The $55 that shows is merely one increment over the next lower bid. For all you know, the winner bid hundreds of dollars.

That's true. Ugh I was hoping y'all would tell me these were bogus for one reason or another. I had literally submitted a 160 dollar bid when I hit the dead zone. 😭

Aggravating!

But you know, a $160 bid still might not have won it, if the winner recognized the value of the lot. I have won auctions for very little after bidding quite high.

The underbidder's bid determines the final price for the winner; this winner lucked out since the underbidder bid low.

Back