deltah pearls

jeymis

These were my grandmothers pearls. Do they have any value ?

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 68
Beautiful pearls and that looks like a fancy clasp. May we have more pix? close up of both sides of the clasps and about how large are the pearls- or if you don't know that, how many pearls to a strand and the length of the strand, we can tell by that. Is the clasp real diamonds? If so that one is worth more than the average we see here.

Love the graduation job on that necklace- those pearls look gorgeous! Probably Akoya, but like Caitlin said, we'll need much more detailed photos before we can tell you much more than that.

the diamond is not real.it seems to have 87 per strand.i will put up more pics.

Attachments

• Selection of fine Conch Pearls
    Selection of fine Conch Pearls
    16.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 10.3 ct and 10.5 ct Conch Pearls
    10.3 ct and 10.5 ct Conch Pearls
    11 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Here are more I think.length is aprrox. 15.5 inches

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I used the search bar we have above, since I remembered Peter Bazar, President of Imperial-Deltah posting about the Deltah co, and whether or not they ever sold genuine pearls. The question came up because of a series of mergers from around the turn of the last century, forward.

Some period print adds can be seen on the Imperial-Deltah website, and refer to simulated pearls only.

Anyway, I'm not sure if he ever reached or published a conclusion. Yours are very pretty and seem to be in terrific condition. Thank you for the photographs!

Last edited:
I remembered Peter Bazar, President of Imperial-Deltah posting about the Deltah co, and whether or not they ever sold genuine pearls. The question came up because of a series of mergers from around the turn of the last century, forward.

I think the question was whether or not La Tausca brand ever included cultured, as well as simulated, pearls. We know Imperial Deltah has sold both under the Deltah brand. My take is that these are simulated.

jeymis, your pearls are beautiful. The luster, perfection, matching and, most of all, the clasp are what say imitation to me. If they are simulated, they wouldn't sell for a lot of money (search completed auctions on eBay to get an idea), but they'll look lovely on anyone who wants to wear them and show them off.

Back