Conch Pearl Earrings...mmmmm!

kojimapearl

I came across this photo of Heidi Klum at the Academy Awards. I was very happy to see that she chose to wear these gorgeous conch pearl earrings! She has style, and some very rare pearls!

P.S. if anyone is in the San Francisco Bay area, please be sure to visit the Legion of Honor's current exhibit of Rene Lalique, Tiffany, and Faberge. There are many natural pearls in the exhibit that are worth an afternoon!

Enjoy..

Attachments

• 1299515873_11439354552.jpg
    1299515873_11439354552.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the close-up, Sarah. The pics I saw were really of the dress and too far away to catch the earrings. Can I be her when I grow up?

You can be three inches taller if I can be five inches taller...

Conch or Coral?

I would not be surprised if THIS (bangles :) !) description got it wrong - the pictures are not close enough to tell either way, and Schwartz has been using Conch and exotic pearls regularly...

She made the worst dressed Oscar list. The earrings were called "sconces."

She made the worst dressed Oscar list. The earrings were called "sconces."

Shame, as she is normally very polished!

Her jewellery did not do anything for me, sorry!

DK :rolleyes:

Conch or Coral?
Funny, I was tempted to chime in here as post #2 saying that crimson coral would have been much more appropriate with the dress, albeit equally endangering to a species. Overkill on the jewelery in either case?can't imagine that she really intended her appearance to be all about those earrings.

Overkill on the jewelery in either case?can't imagine that she really intended her appearance to be all about those earrings.

Mis-guided by her stylist perhaps?

DK :)

"Sconces"!! That got a giggle out of me. They would have looked better had she been wearing a dark charcoal dress of simple lines. The earrings really overpowered her fine featured face.

Although beautiful in its own right, the conch pearl is notoriously difficult to match garments to and it doesn't suit everyone. You don't see much conch in old royal collections not only because it was (and is rare), but because, unlike a true pearl, it is not always flattering to a woman's complexion. True pearls, on the other hand, can beautifully illuminate the most dower of royal visages.

Slraep

PS. Can someone magically photoshop her gown into dark charcoal just for fun.

Nora, I noticed the armload of conch pearl bracelets on Heidi in your pic!

Odd dress. Looks very architectural. Something Art Vandalay might have designed.

Attachments

• Heidi_Klum(4).jpg
    Heidi_Klum(4).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 38
The bracelets and earrings were definitely identified as coral. I love the pink and red contrast. As far as her stylist is concerned, I can't imagine Tim Gunn not having the final word. The gown is "origami-inspired Roland Mouret."

Last edited:
Back