Conch Pearl advice appreciated!

That's a gorgeous conch pearl! Since it is uniform and beautiful on all sides, I would want a simple bale and have it hung from the top so it is clearly visible from every direction. It won't be as large or flashy, but to those who know, it will be a treasure to be able to see it 360 degrees.

I'd rather keep this stunning conch pearl intact. I'd put it in a cage or use claws setting. I'm thinking about the kima (tridacna) pearl ring that a member posted here on this forum.

Yup! I agree.

I'm back with a report from my gemologist. I thought I'd share! 20170605_142041.jpg

Hi Sarah, and welcome to Pearl-Guide. You have some very interesting work on your website! Here's a wildly "long shot" idea I'll toss out, and I'm NOT a goldsmith, so not sure if this is technically possible ... but, I favor the "not drilled" route for this pearl too. Could you modify your existing design (photo below) to an oval instead of round, and bezel set the pearl so it sits securely in the center, trimmed at top and bottom by gemstones? Just a thought ... of your previous drawing, I like the simple one closest to the pearl as well. 20140904_113922_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg

Love the pearl & the drawings are amazing! Would have loved to design jewelry as I was also good in art.

I ight go for a less angular feel for the prongs. I'd like a more fluid line caressing the pearl but it might be too small to actually do that well as it could take away from the face of the pearl.

Deep pink color & flames are extroidnary as well as the nice size.
When I was at Miki the salesman & I were talking pearls & he showed me a conch pearl...

The photo above is a very nice idea too!!! That has alot of possibility.

Hi Sarah, and welcome to Pearl-Guide. You have some very interesting work on your website! Here's a wildly "long shot" idea I'll toss out, and I'm NOT a goldsmith, so not sure if this is technically possible ... but, I favor the "not drilled" route for this pearl too. Could you modify your existing design (photo below) to an oval instead of round, and bezel set the pearl so it sits securely in the center, trimmed at top and bottom by gemstones? Just a thought ... of your previous drawing, I like the simple one closest to the pearl as well. View attachment 51853

It is lovely but curious as to the id of the pink stones.
Sapphires/rubies would be my first guess thought they seem to have more brightness...(technically I guess they say pink sapphires but could also be lighter rubies as they are both corundum).

Would really be nice if they were pink diamonds but they are rare & $.

Curious as they seem to get much lighter around the edge.

Design is gorgeous & I can also see it designed to suspended horizontally for another nice look.

Back