chocolate pearls for fall?

Hi All, It seems like in some of the photos, like on Pearl Outlet's site some of the multi color Tahitian strand have pearls with a definite brownish overtone? Also some others on other websites I've seen in the past. Am I not interpreting the colors correctly? There arent alot of Tahitian strands available for examination around here!!!

Pattye

Yes, sometimes in multicolor strands some of the Tahitians will have a brown color or brownish-golden color. I personally think they look great in a mix of different fancy color Tahitians but not solid brown all the way across.

and the "chocolate pearls" or the pearls that are labelled as such are certainly treated.

pattye said:
Hi All, It seems like in some of the photos, like on Pearl Outlet's site some of the multi color Tahitian strand have pearls with a definite brownish overtone? Also some others on other websites I've seen in the past. Am I not interpreting the colors correctly? There arent alot of Tahitian strands available for examination around here!!!

Hi Pattye,

Tahitians have a very wide range of colors. Yes, sometimes a definite brown body color (not only overtone) as shown in picture may be mixed in multicolored strands but to produce an actual untreated natural brown-colored strand with a decent matching is difficult.

Attachments

• CHOCOBROWN.jpg
    CHOCOBROWN.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
A closer picture.
Looks chocolatey to me but has a natural to feel to it.

The treated ones look like swarovski pearls but I imagine them matching in a lot of outfits.

Attachments

• chocobrown2.jpg
    chocobrown2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Perlas, for the great examples! That is just what I was wondering about.
Pattye

That Tahitian look great! Thanks for taking the trouble to post it :)

If the color is now 'hot' for the season, perhaps the vocabulary for black pearls will get yet one more shade in it. So far it looks like natural brown is ?black? (or no color is mentioned) and plastic brown is ?chocolate?. Naming every dark shade of pearl would make an interesting catalog indeed, isn't it sad that such color branding coincides with treated colors...

I was just looking back over this thread from two years ago and I'm wondering if anyone's opinions have changed. I know some who posted saying chocolates wouldn't fit in their mix, have now started selling them, and they've been a very big seller for us over the last two years.

And no conversation would be complete without another picture. It's not the best picture, and we'll have it re-shot, but it's a nice chocolate Tahitian ring in rose gold.

Attachments

• choc-diam-ring-lg.jpg
    choc-diam-ring-lg.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 36
Beautiful ring Terry!
Would go very well with this chocolate tahitian tin-cup in rose gold from TPO monthly special a while back.
Robin

Attachments

• chocolatetahitian.jpg
    chocolatetahitian.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 43
p

p

Robin,
Fabulous necklace! It looks so nice on your slender neck. The rose gold matches really well with chocolate-colored pearls. Thanks for sharing.

Terry, the ring is gorgeous too!

The chocolate really has grown on me, although I always liked it---but now that I've seen it in person, and have a couple of strands tucked away to play with---nice size 10-10.5mm dyed fw, paid about $40 each. The necklace and ring shown are very eye-catching, and sooooo lovely in the rose gold! I like the bronzy natural fw colors too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I like the chocolate too, but as a fashion trend, it just hasn't happened in Australia. Like you Pattye, I bought a couple of strands around the same size and pricepoint, but not much interest.

Robin - the tin cup necklace is gorgeous on you
Terry - that ring is very very nice!! Definitely a return to the cocktail ring era is upon us.

Wow, I sure wish I wasn't broke! The ring and necklace are terrific. I LOVE rose gold. I bought two sets of rose gold earrings with light golden ss pearls so I could have a pendant set - also from The Pearl Outlet. ;)

Did anyone get the ring? I think it's a seriously scrumptious design.

Back