Caitlin's beader pearls

Caitlin

I want to start with this one. It is a superklonk 36" long with CFWP ranging from 12mm-15mm. I bought it at this year's gem show in Tucson. 2 Strands for $40.00. (This is a fantastic buy, I don't know why the owner was so out of line on price)

The first time I strung it, the silk stretched and I did it over a second time on wet silk and let it hang before knotting. Guess what, it stretched again. This time it is knotted with Power Pro woven fishing line. It has been hanging for a couple of weeks and the knots are nice and tight. I notive one knot that's loose. That is where I tied it together. Grr. I didn't wnat to do it over just yet, but I will.

Attachments

• superklonk.jpg
    superklonk.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Here's my bead board with some of the necklaces I have finished.
The black oblong baroques on the left are huge- 12mm on the diameter and up to 16mm lengthwise.

Third from the left is Beauty and the Beast retrung to be about 46" long. It has the faux, faux woodianas on it. I found others to match and put it together as a very long one.

Notice the faux, faux Lap Noors. They are awaiting a bracelet.

I will post a close up of the one between the peridots and the Lap Noor over in the real pearls section. It is about 60 " long and is made of an assortment of pearls from Pearl Paradise including the recently received baroques.

(When I use the term faux,faux, I mean genuine CFWP but they are mimicking another kind of pearl.)

Attachments

• Superklonk 011.jpg
    Superklonk 011.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Nice neclaces. I think my favorite is the six in but I also like the very dark one in the middle. One or everyday of the week and more!!

I just saw a cool necklace display in a magazine where they turned an antique looking frame into a display. It was hung on the wall with hooks where the image or photo would have been. made a nice frame for the jewelry and it would look great with pearls.

Back