Bodycolor and Overtone

Spherical Flower

My fiance and I are purchasing a strand of pearls for the wedding. I am not sure which color and overtone to choose. I have fair skin with a slight yellow undertone. What do you reccomend?

Last edited:
I suggest you go to local stores and try on some different strands with different colors and overtones. That way you will get what you like best. You could also order multiple strands from PP and try them on with your wedding dress to ensure you get what you like best.

Thank you for your reply lisamla. My fiance and I have been to several different jewelry stores to try on different strands of pearls. We looked at alot of akoya pearls that were white in color with a rose overtone, and some freshwater pearls as well. My eye was always drawn to the white body color with the rose overtone. I am not sure if this is the best choice because I seem to lack a rose undertone in my skin and appear to have more of a slight yellow undertone. It was hard for me to determine what looks best on my skin when almost all of the pearls I tried on where the same color with the same overtone. Most of the jewelry stores around here offer the same type of pearls, not much selection as far as colors and overtones go. Thank you for the great ideas. I think ordering multiple strands from PP would be awsome but I also don't think we can afford to do that. If anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to share. Thanks.

My fiance and I are purchasing a strand of Freshadamas for the wedding. I am not sure which color and overtone to choose. I have fair skin with a slight yellow undertone. What do you reccomend?

Out of curiosity, did you write to ask if you could get a particular overtone? It's not available on the website.

As far as I know, you can request a specific overtone from PP. If the information is not available on the website, you can email or call in the requests before placing your order. I have read alot of threads on the forums about the different body colors and overtones that forum members have requested from PP. Silver/Rose & Ivory/Rose and so on.

We looked at alot of akoya pearls that were white in color with a rose overtone, and some freshwater pearls as well. My eye was always drawn to the white body color with the rose overtone...

I'm fair and have yellow undertones in my skin. I do like the rose overtone pearls as they glow when next to my skin. The slightly creamy yellow ones don't. Silver overtones makes the pearls look 'whiter' and might be more suited to match your white dress.

I'm fair skinned with some yellow undertones. I also tan very well and this can change the way things look on me, but all my jewelry still looks good. I think pinks go best with my skin, but I can pull off most things. I think it is important to go with your gut in these situations, in this case your eyes. If you are drawn to white with rose overtone that may be what suits you best. I agree with airdancer about matching to your dress. Depending on embroidery/color etc, you may find one color goes better. If you order multiple strand and return them quick enough you may not get hit with the charge at all. Try ordering at the beginning of a billing cycle and try to return before the cycle ends. Good luck with figuring this out, but I'm sure you will feel amazing on your wedding day no matter what you wear.

I'd bet on light purple-pink (i.e. the cold pink, not peach)...

I don't think there are any rules though.

Back