Bluebirrrd's Application and Intro!

That is such a clever way to use a short strand of rosebuds! It's very frisky. :cool:

We are the funniest collection of avant garde and traditional, for sure! But very artsy, too. This forum attracts intelligent creative people according to some stats I saw a few years ago- and you are a perfect fit.

Bluebirrd, I recommend that you see this bracelet as a triel and wear it - all the time for a while. Then you'll learn how it ages and wears and that will tell you what experience a potential customer will get with these materials. Your creations are definately sellable so you need to get to know your materials even better.

- Karin

You've all been so welcoming and encouraging and you have no idea how much I appreciate that. I'll have to see if there's a meetup group of beaders in my area (sincerely doubt it). In substitute for the real thing, I'd love to meet some other interesting and creative people like you though I don't see how they could be as talented and smart.

Karin you're exactly right and I'm following that advice. I'm sure I'll be wearing it almost every day. The leather and silk are already relaxing and so far so good. With a few adjustments it can be improved upon. I like to mix my bracelets so I'll try it in different combinations too.

I'm adoring these silver rosebuds and I wish they hadn't been the only strand. In my mind I think of them as hedgehogs not really rosebuds or drusy pearls. Hedgehogs just have so much personality as do these little guys. I bought two beautiful strands of big puffy silver rice pearls from Sarah and they're a match. Be still my heart, pearls are so beautiful.

PC100024 (640x398).jpg
eta: the camera adds weight to your hands and wrists too. Go figure :/

Last edited:
I hope you all had a merry holiday and weren't sick like yours truly, ugh. I didn't go to work yesterday so I took the opportunity to do a restringing project. It took two tries but I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

First, I have to say there's a baroque Tahitian strand on PP that I really, really want. Pout. Although they're on sale and extremely affordable, I can't really justify it. So, I reminded myself that I have these for now and took the opportunity to fix them up a bit. I removed the largest pearl because it was a total dud, added some smaller ones that came with the strand as extras, rearranged them all a bit, changed the clasp from a hollow ball to a hammered toggle that I antiqued with liver of sulfer, and of course added the connector charm. The wooden necklace form was a gift from my thoughtful husband.

Voila, a new and improved necklace! The new length is about 18" and the pearls, though not perfect, are a nice bright teal blue in real life.

eta - this is strung on 30lb powerpro (overkill, I know, but it's what they had at the sporting goods store and now I have 150 yards of it!) and I broke two big eye needles in the process of stringing it. I got into a couple of tight spots and the powerpro pulled right though the eyes with no damage to the line. I finished all the connected ends with gimp and used the back knotting technique I learned here in this wonderful forum.

Attachments

• Dark Worn B 2
    Dark Worn B 2
    7.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Another wonderful creation miss bluebird! Very thoughtful gift from your husband too :) Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

It looks exotic now! By the way, I love the display stand. Great job. :)

Thank you so much, my pearly friends! It's you who've inspired me with your own beautiful pieces and your generous encouragement.

wow, amazing pieces, bluebirrrd! i especially love that bracelet - the pearls and other materials just go together so beautifully, if completely unexpectedly. LOVE!

Back