Best pearl size for a basic tin cup necklace?

I had to pick up my jaw because it seriously just fell to the floor. Those are some amazing tin cups Newberry! Thank you for sharing them. I hope I can create something half as beautiful as yours. They are all gorgeous but the one that made my jaw drop is the golden one... what type of pearls are they?

Thank you everyone, also, for the great pointers! These gorgeous necklaces and ideas get me excited! I love how each one is unique and has its own character!

Frost Me, I have used a diamond cut cable chain in 2mm...I also love the Figaro chain on my Kamoka tin cup.

Jersey, Would you send a picture of your Figaro Chain Kamokas? I would love to see:cool:. I am sure its posted out there somewhere.

Here ya go FrostMe... IMG_1688.jpg

Thanks everyone for posting your tin cup photos, it will help me make a more informed choice when I decide on what I would like to get made.

I had to pick up my jaw because it seriously just fell to the floor. Those are some amazing tin cups Newberry! Thank you for sharing them. I hope I can create something half as beautiful as yours. They are all gorgeous but the one that made my jaw drop is the golden one... what type of pearls are they?

Thank you everyone, also, for the great pointers! These gorgeous necklaces and ideas get me excited! I love how each one is unique and has its own character!

Pearls in post #13
Picture #1 Multi colored baroque Tahitians
2 Multi colored fresh water metallic
3 Inside strand the many shades of golden south sea pearls including large cream drop , the pink pearl is a Lake Kasumi-agra
Outside strand white south sea
4 Strand doubled from picture #1
5 Outside strand pearls from picture #1
Inside strand round multi colored Rikitea Tahitians with diamond flower circles

Thank you for liking my pearls. I have so much fun wearing them.

So many great photos of tin cups!

I'm particularly attracted to the arrangement of the pearls in your necklace, ckrickett!

I wish there was a like button! I love all the necklaces and a lot of the comments echo my thoughts.

Thanks Newberry for the pearl info.

JP, I love that chain and pearl combo. The wire wraps are hardly noticeable with the loops in the chain- they blend in so well, but of course, your craftsmanship has a lot to do with it too!

Your work is probably just as good. You're whipping tin cups out so quickly now!

Thanks amti...I find making tin cups very relaxing! It allows me to be absorbed in the moment taking my full concentration...sort of like a zen meditation. It allows me to think of the person I'm making it for, and all the love and happiness they have brought into my life! That 36" tin cup is a special one, since the chain belonged to my mother and I have a photo of her wearing it. She would have totally approved of my redesign, since she LOVED all pearls.

Back