Beautiful SS pearls with rose overtone and orient

perlinda

pearl lover
Thought I'd share here. Came across these beauties and I just couldn't resist them. They're about 14mm, almost round, surface isn't perfect and the bottom are a bit flat but luster is simply amazing. When I picked them from the lot, I didn't intend to make a pair, but the more I look at them now, the more I think they're each other's SO ;) (even though one is about 0.3mm bigger). The sun was bright today and intensified the overtone when I took the pics, but the real pearls are just as pretty. Hopefully you would enjoy the pics :)

Strong rose overtone on the front/top of the pearls.
white-pink-orient-1.jpg

Shift them to the sides, and you got beautiful orient!
white-pink-orient-2.jpg

I also took pic with PP's freshadama (also rose overtone), and they look quite similar that it looks like family picture :p
white-pink-orient.jpg

The pearls are from Kendari, South East Sulawesi (Celebes) island. Not as well known as Ambon and Lombok as SSP producer, but I found the pearls from Kendari are usually very pretty.

Hello Perlinda,

They are beautiful. Great buy and find. They are perfect as a pair. Are you going to have them set in earrings. No one would ever realise that one is .03 smaller. That is only visible with such large photos and if you had not mentioned it not even then. Please show us the end result.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Gorgeous! The small size difference will never be noticed, especially as earrings are not seen side by side.

They'll make a very nice pair of earrings!

DK :)

Thank you for the nice comments, everyone! Strong rose overtone itself is quite rare, but to have rose overtone and orient like this is even more rare in SSP. So I think they're quite special pair.

Dawn, in the beginning I was thinking to make a ring of one pearl and maybe pendant for the other, but now I'm leaning more towards earrings. Even so, I'm still split between making them into stud style to showcase the beautiful rose overtone, or dangle style to show the equally pretty orient side. Well, I'm not in hurry.... right now I just enjoy looking at them the way they are :)

Back