Baby Pearl Bracelet

jshepherd

We recently had a request to create a small bracelet for a little girl's first birthday. We made one with a small heart-shape clasp. Her proud parents sent us a few pictures, one of which I think is great so I am going to share! She is clearly doing the tooth test to make sure her parent bought her real pearls!

babypearlbracelet.jpg

I bet we will see her on this forum in about another twenty years!

She is soooooo adorable!! Beautiful lustrous pearls too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

What a great idea! I see more gifting opportunities from that.

Seriously cute. This is a nice departure from the gold baby jewelery I see. I'd imagine you could use one of those magic "hidden" clasps to make this part of a necklace - either for the baby when grown or for the mom. ?

Heidi said:
Seriously cute. This is a nice departure from the gold baby jewelery I see. I'd imagine you could use one of those magic "hidden" clasps to make this part of a necklace - either for the baby when grown or for the mom. ?

I love it! A "new mom" necklace/bracelet combination. The necklace goes to mom and has a section which can be removed and turned into a bracelet!

Why can't we think of these things BEFORE Mother's Day?!

b

b

That's a really nice present for the baby. Maybe this will be Pearl Paradise's regular item? There is next Mother's Day or even Christmas for the bracelet/necklace combination idea.

Oh my goodness, that baby is seriously too cute. Under my supervision, my 18 month old wears her 6-7mm Freshadama strand on special occasions.;)

That is the sweetest little girl. Pearls are tactile, after all! ;)

Speaking of baby or children's pearls, what length necklace is appropriate for a 7 year old girl? My niece is turning seven next month and I have decided to make her a necklace because the last time I saw her, she was wearing an extremely large fake strand. I thought she may like the real thing. The pearls are 5.5-6.0. I've read that 14 inches is good for a girl her age. I'm going to keep the extra pearls to lengthen the strand when she is older. Anyone have any experience with this?

I love it! A "new mom" necklace/bracelet combination. The necklace goes to mom and has a section which can be removed and turned into a bracelet!

Why can't we think of these things BEFORE Mother's Day?!

*sigh* Chalk another one up for next year? :)

Sweet! They go well with her white dress.
I always want to put jewelry my two year old but I'm afraid she'll abuse it or put it in her mouth ( right now she thinks it's funny to put things in her mouth). Pony tails last for about 1 minute on her before sh takes hem out o her hair....sigh.

That's a darlin' picture!

I make a lot of baby pearl bracelets but I began to have a concern. If the bracelet got caught on something, I'd want it to 'breakaway' instead of hurting the baby's wrist. So I began to string the pearls on a stretchy cord instead of something more durable.

The moms actually liked this idea better and I've even been asked to 'redo' a bracelet to make it safer.

Oh my gosh, I love that pic! Kirsten at PP helped me with a 6 mm freshadama set for my now 12 year old. I've given her the bracelet and earrings but have held on to the necklace for her 13th birthday. She wears them a lot. You are never too young to start with pearls.

Hi There-

We actually launched a Children's Collection (PureKids) last year that has been filling a need! I am pleasantly surprised at how many moms, grandmas, aunts, etc that are coming to us to find commemorative jewelry.

Lisa- From my experience, the average necklace size for a 7 year old is about 14 or 15-inches, bracelets are about 6.

How precious!

I am not sure about length for a young girl, but had a 14 inch gold chain in my jewelry box that was just a bit too tight so there is a market for 14 inch chains. I'm sure it was from my childhood.

Super adorable baby and gorgeous pearls! I think this is a great way to start a child on a life long love of pearls! Pearl necklaces and coral necklaces used to be traditional baby gifts way back when. I have seen many pictures of victorian babies/toddlers wearing pearl and/or coral necklaces. Lots of pics of a very young QEII wearing her first pearl necklace given to her when she was a baby. The Add a Pearl style necklace was very popular also. Grandmothers would buy a pearl for each birthday or Christmas until the child had a full necklace.

That’s adorable. I agree that there should be more pearl baby jewelry available.....maybe PP can entertain a few items to have available on their website. I jus bought two tiny sets of Akoya earrings and I have to send them in to have the post changed to the screw type so the babies can wear them safely.

Back