Atlas - The People Behind the Pearl - a Pearl Guide News article with video!

GemGeek

Pearlista
You will love this Pearl Guide News story from Atlas.

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/content.php?331-Atlas-The-People-Behind-the-Pearl

Atlas New copy.jpg

You're right, Blaire ... I loved the article, and that wonderful video! Thanks :)

I just got an 'invitation' from Atlas to go to a 'pearls and opera' event. I can't think of anything fancier than that! Is anyone going to go?

edited to add- I watched the film. The article and the video enhance the wisdom in the "Pearls As One" series.

Sometimes I just cry at corporate business practices- seriously- but when I get to watch a video of how pearls are made, it always makes me happy to see such Harmony in a business built on sustainable practices!

Last edited:
After being in High-tech for so long and seeing women burn out first hand from the struggle for equality etc and the "bro" culture developing I was getting more than a little concerned. Stories like this and the genuine micro loan stories of global empowerment, well they just help ease (not erase) those concerns. Women bring such self awareness to the jewelry industry and that can only be of help in so many ways, from sustainability to design innovation.

I just got an 'invitation' from Atlas to go to a 'pearls and opera' event. I can't think of anything fancier than that! Is anyone going to go?

edited to add- I watched the film. The article and the video enhance the wisdom in the "Pearls As One" series.

Sometimes I just cry at corporate business practices- seriously- but when I get to watch a video of how pearls are made, it always makes me happy to see such Harmony in a business built on sustainable practices!

You must be a VIP. :) Where is the event?

After being in High-tech for so long and seeing women burn out first hand from the struggle for equality etc and the "bro" culture developing I was getting more than a little concerned. Stories like this and the genuine micro loan stories of global empowerment, well they just help ease (not erase) those concerns. Women bring such self awareness to the jewelry industry and that can only be of help in so many ways, from sustainability to design innovation.

Women do get shut out by guys in tech. Some men are pretty brazen about it. Even proud. If the shoe was on the other foot they would certainly cry foul.

This story is so uplifting - bringing some balance to things. ♡

This sadly does not only happen in tech - it is also wide spread in professions such as finance, law, government, regular corporate America. It is indeed infuriating and exhausting. The lack of equality in treatment, compensation, responsibilities, ugh don't even get me started!

Yes, it makes seeing videos like Atlas a bit more heart warming.

I see a lot of it where I work, but it isn't always blatant.

Where's Caitlin? I want to hear about this Pearls and Opera event! :)

Back