Amazon Collection Pearls

ghostman

Anyone have experience with pearls from the Amazon.com Collection? They currently have 60% off select pearl items. It's immediately clear that they are not in the same league as the pearls available from the recommended vendors, but at 60% their original price, is it worth buying? Or is this sale like the on-going "70% OFF!!!!! Sale" at K-Mart that probably still isn't worth the price tag?

I actually purchased a small freshwater pendant from Amazon.com and it wasn't a bad pearl for the price I found it at. If I remember right it was a single 6mm FWP with 14k yellow gold finding and chain to go along with it. All for ~$24 or so. The listing had no grading for the pearl but I purchased it anyway and it came well packaged in it's own velvet pouch and a card saying how to take care of the pearl.

The pearl itself is a nice ivory color with a clean surface; hardly any blemishes. It looks perfectly round to the eye but the luster isn't top notch so it looks rather plain. All in all it's a good simple piece that I wear on occasion with my jeans and tshirt ;)

Back