Akoya necklace - help me identify colour

Kalmen22 - Your necklace is absolutely beautiful!!!!! They are everything that I would want in akoya pearls - color, luster, size :)

Myizzkie thank u. I do love them. And there I was just on the other thread raving about your metallic freshamada

Kalmen22 - thank you, too! I thought my next pearl purchase might be white south sea pearls yours make me want to also check out Madama Akoya :)

Would love to see and hear when you restring them. I have Hanadama necklace purchased from Japan that has no knots and they are very stiff too. In a way I like how it shape around the neck when wear but I have the same concern you do about rubbing and wearing out..

Myizzkie I have yet to restring them. I do like the shape around the neck. I'm thinking of adding the silicon bumpers but have yet to get down to it.
Will definitely update when I do.

Can't wait to see when u get yours.

Myizzkie I have yet to restring them. I do like the shape around the neck. I'm thinking of adding the silicon bumpers but have yet to get down to it.
Will definitely update when I do.

Can't wait to see when u get yours.

Here comes another new thing I learn today - silicon bumper! LOL Does anyone has pictures of pearl strand with these bumper? Do they look good? I would think knotting somehow give the necklace the "crafty" look that I might prefer, esp for such an organic jewels such as pearls.

I have been trying to read (and understand) how to string (or re-string) the pearl necklace. It looks hard to make it perfect :eek:

So Kalmen22, after you please :p also, I love the clasp that comes with your necklace!

Anyone has any recommendation on where to find nice clasp, please advise :)

My GSS are strung with silicone bumpers:

Attachments

• Jewelmer GSSP from Cees, outdoors, sunny day.jpg
    Jewelmer GSSP from Cees, outdoors, sunny day.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Jewelmer GSSP from Cees, indoors.jpg
    Jewelmer GSSP from Cees, indoors.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 32
Pearl Dreams - thank you for the pictures. I cannot say much about the bumpers from the pics but man those gold SS are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Glad you like them!
I will say that the necklace hangs very comfortably with the bumpers.

I dug up Icyjade's thread that shows her gorgeous WSS and GSS necklaces that have bumpers:

These are real eye candy! The overtones on that GSS strand are to die for!

I love the idea of bumpers for shorter, heavier strands! It definitely seems like it would give them a nice shape. I love the drape of knotted pearls for a longer necklace, but for a shorter strand with big pearls I think they look great on wire with bumpers.

Yes, it's a real advantage not having the knots stretch with the heavy pearls.

Even with Pattye's Serafil or Beaders Secret thread, which doesn't stretch, I still find I have to restring my Tahitians periodically because the weight of them makes the knots tighten up even more. I make tight knots, but gravity makes even tighter ones!

Last edited:
Back