A Strange One - Help What is it????

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
This is obviously something on a Stick Pin. But what???

I have actually had this for a few years now and was sorting through my bead and pearl boxes a few days ago and re-found it. I tend to lose thing. I thought it was weird when it came in the mail about 8 or so years ago. I still think it is weird but in an interesting way.

It intrigues me and I wonder if anyone has an idea of what it is????

Think I have lost a few photos. Will try again if I have.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 41
Tomorrow I will post a photo of the whole pin. But I am fairly sure it is not labradorite bead. It does have cat's eyes, more than one as it is turned and in more than one colour. I suppose it could be very, very old glass but it just doesn't look like it but maybe. Will have to look up some tests for it.

I haven't measured it but looks about 12 mm x 10 mm x 5mm or so.

It is not nacreaous though so not dyed freshwater. Anyway way to old for that. The metal appears to be silver with a gold ball at the top.

Guess I will keep searching when time allows for an answer. Sort of intriguing piece.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

It's definitely not a pearl. It's possible it could be a rainbow moonstone, albeit dirty on the outside. :)

I am taking a wild guess here. At first glance I brushed it off as dyed freshwater. However after others posted their opinions, I started to look closer at your photos & thinking. You did mention the "cats eyes" which leads to me to think it may be glass. Maybe it is the Holiday season coming up around the corner. The "shine" on this reminds me of the antique strands of glass beads (from my great aunt) My mom used to have on the Christmas tree years ago.

Again I could be off the mark here. but that is what it looks like to me.

Cheers!

Ash

Back