A New Pearl Farmer Query

Dhaval

I am absolutely new to the pearl farming, help with the following,

*I live in india having hot climate, temperature averagely remains above 30 degrees in and summer it can reach 45 degrees. Is it possible to follow pearl farming in this environmental condition.
*Do I have to change water of the pond periodically say weekly or monthly or something like that.
* What is the electricity requirement, a electricity connection like i am having at my home would be enough or need some extra heavy connection like industries.
*what is the deepness of pond that would be required
*what size of project (in acre) you think is the commercially viable
*what is the cost per acre of setup (Excluding Land)
*Can any one provide a list of few consultants or just advisers who can help me?
*As I have read on internet pearl farming is a risky bet what you think a success ratio for a beginner like me

Thanks in advance

Dhaval

Pattye -- what a fascinating article posted by Cyril almost exactly one year ago!

Dhaval -- Best of luck to you. Please let us know how it goes. We would love to hear more, and see pictures if you start pearl farming.

BAS, Yes, how great to have someone mentor who has success starting up pearl farms! Cyril found lots of great info for us.

Dhaval, There are other pearl farmers who are members here on the forum, but with saltwater farms. Still, it's good to share info when possible!

Back