A mixed bag of abalone pearls.

We had -28 in Tallinn in the morning and the night prognosis is up to -37C for Estonia. At least it is sunny and so beautiful outside :)

Thanks for the updates those all around Europe. Am due in Germany and Austria in days and thermostat there still reads below - 10 degrees. And now Heathrow's cancelled all flights... travel chaos. Fingers crossed, all will be well.

On the news this morning they are saying a third of flights cancelled, not the whole lot.

And to bring this thread away from weather back to abalone pearls, I just saw this on an Illinois jeweller's website - Eve Alfille - and had to post. This abalone horn is going for $12,000:
http://www.evejewelry.com/store/product-info.php?pid867.html

Romantic platinum "Calla Lily" pendant with lustrous rare natural abalone pearl is an Alfill? masterpiece! Art nouveau inspired platinum caresses the curves of this iridescent "Opal of the Sea". The 14.40 carat abalone pearl is studded with emeralds, diamonds and natural alexandrite to echo the colorplay. (12 emeralds total 0.18 carats, 31 diamonds total 0.31 carats (F-G/VS), a 0.06 carat pink irradiated diamond and a 0.20 carat natural alexandrite).

Attachments

• Tahitian drops
    Tahitian drops
    82.6 KB · Views: 53
I like all the pearls in that necklace - for my own taste, though, put together it's a bit too fussy, with pearls and lots of metal and all the stones, too. A bit of lily-gilding.

The bids where very low on that parcel of 16 I didn't expected to win I did :) I was able to bid on three the other ones where blocked for Europe anyway I think some people that buy pearls didn't trust that it was a new profile so that took them of biding I'm pretty sure the next auction will see higher prices because there will be a feedback score etc

Can I ask, what did you do with the natural pearls?

Well, frankly, you both need to get a grip. How are we supposed to wait happily to find out what masterpieces you decide upon.....?

Ah. Can't help you there, sorry. Aren't many abalones floating round London!

Hi All. I have been a regular reader of the pearl-guide forum for the last 7 years. I used to be obsessed with reading every post in the initial years, esp. Ms Z's. I still read the forum, but I am not as obsessed anymore -- I used to look for a new post every 5 minutes.

Even though I was a reader, and learned a lot about pearls, I never joined as a member as I did not have much to say. When I wanted to get some of Antz's pearls, I had to enter my personal info, and join as a member. I promised to Anthony that I would post a picture and tell all of you how wonderful it was to deal with Anthony. I must have looked at the pictures of his pearls at the beginning of this thread a million times that I feel like I would be able to identify them anywhere. Thanks Anthony for the pictures, and my pearls.

Here is a picture of the pearls I got from Anthony. The design is mine and the setting was done by my jeweller -- May jewellers in Virginia.

Sai

Attachments

• DSC04756
    DSC04756
    39.7 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Catlin. A more clearer picture --

Attachments

• DSC04805
    DSC04805
    29.5 KB · Views: 46
They are stunning, Sai. The pic is blurry but kudos on a matched trio and are they ringed with diamonds that are reflecting blue, or, (gasp), little itty-bitty abalone pearls as well?!? A slamdunk/ homerun (whatever you Americans call it) for sure.

And congrats on being the longest lurker to ever come around :) I lurked for 2 years but you with your pearl obsessiveness, it surely takes the cake!

Back