365 Days of Pearls

Just WOW. The pearls are gorgeous but your knack for layering is creative and wonderful.

Day 190:

Pink tourmaline and South Sea Keshi necklace paired with Tahitian/tourmaline earring dangles, both from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

I'm really loving your look from yesterday. That chubster pearl is amazing. ..another excellent pairing!!

Day 191:

White South Sea necklace and metallic freshwater studs from Pearl Paradise. The fwp studs are a creamier white than the necklace but given the laid back vibe of the tee, I opted for these smaller studs over my larger wss ones. The difference in color only becomes obvious when the strand and earrings are side by side anyway.

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

Gorgeous white South Sea pearls with a camo t. Gotta love your style!

Hahahaha, I love the combination of camo and SS pearls. Those pearls are gorgeous. Now I want a strand of SS pearls and I never did before.

I think I like the baroque ones that are not too baroque, but just baroque enough. I hope I don't insult anyone, but the really big, perfectly round ones just scream "gum balls" to me. The baroque ones look a bit more real. I know that's heresy, since the round ones are more expensive. The SS pearls in my Everything Bagel necklace are just stunning. I wish I had a strand with just those in it. In contrast, my mother's baroque SS pearls looked like old, chipped teeth. Not one of her better purchases. Restringing them turned me off SS pearls, because they were really knarly.

Last edited:
The SS's look so bright and I like the shapes. It makes a great bracelet, too!

Really lovely WSS pearls ... and an inventive way to prove one doesn't have to save the good stuff for a special occasion :)

Baby nurse, there truly is a wow luster on your baroque SS pearls. I always think of the luster on white SS as being more mellow. Also, I think BWeaves is correct in thinking round SS pearls are more formally. I don't think I have ever worn mine casually during the day.

I'm usually a silent drooler of this strand, but combining these makes me speak! :) love all the variants, but this made me jump:

View attachment 54653

Well done! Very creative mixing :D:D

Hahahaha, I love the combination of camo and SS pearls. Those pearls are gorgeous. Now I want a strand of SS pearls and I never did before.

I think I like the baroque ones that are not too baroque, but just baroque enough. I hope I don't insult anyone, but the really big, perfectly round ones just scream "gum balls" to me. The baroque ones look a bit more real. I know that's heresy, since the round ones are more expensive. The SS pearls in my Everything Bagel necklace are just stunning. I wish I had a strand with just those in it. In contrast, my mother's baroque SS pearls looked like old, chipped teeth. Not one of her better purchases. Restringing them turned me off SS pearls, because they were really knarly.

Thanks, BWeaves. Re shape, I guess there's something for everyone. I could happily live with both baroques AND rounds but ultimately think baroques probably work better with my lifestyle. For me they're a bit more wearable.

The SS's look so bright and I like the shapes. It makes a great bracelet, too!

Thanks, jeg! Yes, it's the advantage of wss, isn't it; the pearl variety you can count on to be bright white.

Back