365 Days of Pearls

Thank you, amti, Cicadalady and Cees!

Day 187:

Tahitian tin cup and akoya Keshi choker from Kojima Pearl. These pieces are really light and wearable and I'm really enjoying wearing them!

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

Since when are these called fireballs? Did I miss something?

Cees, I'm not 100% certain that they're fireballs. I thought they were initially described as such but to be honest, it's been a few years and I don't remember. I'm "pretty sure" but not 100%. If I find the appraisal I'll let you know.

I love the Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima. I still can't decide if I like yours or mine better, hehehe.

BN, you do have such stunning blues! I love the 2 sizes mixed together. I am also loving the combo of the keshi choker and Tahitian tin cup. You have quite the knack for layering.

Thank you, JerseyPearl, BWeaves, and Kay!

Day 188:

50" Tahitian rope and dangles from Pearl Paradise. Tiny round white akoya studs also from PP.

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 29ed

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

The tiny white studs are so cute. I love the contrast with the big honking circled T's. I love the olive drab sweater, too. I find that color really sets off pearls nicely.

Yes, olive drab is amazing with pearls. It's the first thing I think of when I'm shopping and I see a top this color.

I love the Tahitian tin-cup from Kojima. I still can't decide if I like yours or mine better, hehehe.

I admit, this thought crossed my mind as well. When you see mine, I think you'll agree both are equally beautiful. The Keshi Sarah chose are all so unique and lovely and the layout's really pleasing to the eye; you can't go wrong, you know? I don't think that happens very often with pearls, one strand usually is nicer than the other, but not with these.

I see a slight tail on them so maybe they are flicker balls? Like in a candle flame as it flickers? But a rose is a rose, and they are gorgeous whatever they're called!

Lol!! Great philosophy, JerseyPearl and I quite agree.

BN, you do have such stunning blues! I love the 2 sizes mixed together. I am also loving the combo of the keshi choker and Tahitian tin cup. You have quite the knack for layering.

Thank you, Kay! The layering is pretty straightforward. You put together whatever pleases your eye : )

I admit, this thought crossed my mind as well. When you see mine, I think you'll agree both are equally beautiful. The Keshi Sarah chose are all so unique and lovely and the layout's really pleasing to the eye; you can't go wrong, you know? I don't think that happens very often with pearls, one strand usually is nicer than the other, but not with these.

Oh, I agree. I couldn't pick between the two, so I just let Sarah send me the necklace of her choice. I think both are gorgeous, but they are slightly different, which is nice, too. I had actually toyed with the idea of buying both and sending one back, just so I could see both in person. I'm still kicking myself a little bit for not doing that, but it gets expensive just to see something in person. That's why I love Ruckus. You can see EVERYTHING in person.

Day 189:

Today I paired my tiny lavender fwps from Mikeyy with Holy Grail ripples purchased pre-loved from Pkinnew. There were so many interesting pastels in this set, I decided to try Chubster on the tiny lavenders. The wss is from Golay (more thanks to IcyJade).

I liked this whole look but because of the top's texture and buttons, I think I prefer the tinies with Chubster alone. My second choice would be HG ripples with tinies/Chubster worn long.

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

I love the tinies doubled with Chubster a lot. Particularly with this v-neck top, since it nicely occupies the open space just below your neck. The Holy Grails follow the neckline rather closely, but they are so magnificent, you just can't leave them at home.

As always, you have the perfect coloration to bring out the best in these magnificent pearls.

I'm amazed how much I'm loving the look of big chunky ripples with tiny little pearl ropes.

I think I like Chubster on her own, though. She's such a special pearl.

I love Chubster on the doubled strand of baby pearls! That's a heck of a way to fill out a V-neckline! I love the magnificent HG ripples too, but prefer to see Chubster stand alone. She is a show stopper, and so are the ripples, and I think they may compete too much.

Wow I love this look! The contrast in colour and pearl size works beautifully.

Back