2017 Ruckus Treasures

Cicadalady

OK - there are lots of us out here who were only able to experience the 2017 Ruckus vicariously. The eye candy from the pictures and videos was amazing!!! For those fortunate enough to be there IRL, PLEASE show us the new treasures you brought home with you!

I can't wait to share, but it will take me a couple of days before I post anything. It's pouring rain here and the lighting is terrible. I'm afraid I bought too much. But I love everything I bought.

A couple of quick light box snaps before leaving PP yesterday. My SS harvest strand alone, and with two pair of 8-9 mm cherry Tahitian earring studs, a metallic 13 mm Edison drop pearl, and an "erotochromic" Sea of Cortez mabe that is destined for a ring.

Mixed South Sea strand pearl paradise
20170731_192203.jpg

A snap of my treasures from Sarah at Kojima Pearl. Two pairs of freshwater pearls. White "fish", and colorful "pecans".

snap of my treasures from Sarah at Kojima Pearl

Red - what a haul! I adore those baroques from Kojima - and everything else!!! So much potential for the loose pearls and that strand ..... Wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

Here is my harvest strand ;)
I am thrilled with it.

Pearl Paradise golden and white mixed baroque, drop, circle, round South Sea strand
Pearl Paradise mixed South Sea strand

A couple of pecan pearls for earrings and a pendent and a a white fireball for a friend.

Kojima loose pearls

My birthday pearl that Hisano created a new design for me. I'll have to take a better picture of it and post later. When you see it in person in sun light you see how Hisano went from dark to light ruby's. I feel very lucky.

little h pendant

Newberry - It's all perfectly stunning. But that Little h birthday pearl is truly amazing!!! Congratulations!

Red & newberry, your SSP harvest strands are amazing! Love the rest of your finds too. Looking forward to more photos!

PSS : Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome. The feeling that your pearls are too small. You must get bigger ones because they make you look smaller.

vs.

littleh: The smaller the pearl, the bigger Hisano looks.

Put it all together and . . .

little h emerald and soufflé pearl enhancer

WHEEEEE! I can't believe I own this! I got the littleh emerald and soufflé pearl enhancer at last year's RUCKUS (2016). At this year's RUCKUS (2017), Hisano had another emerald and soufflé pearl pendant hanging off this INSANE emerald and pearl wire wrapped chain, and I asked her if I could just buy the chain. The pieces parts are sooooo tiny, and the wire wrapping is teeny tiny.

I've also hung La Perlagrina off this chain and it looks great, too.

I wore it with my new 9 mm Hanadama studs. If I could only have one pair of earrings, these would be the ones. It's the reason I got my ears pierced was to have this earring look. I think I'll sell my first pearl studs. I'll never wear those cheapies again.

little h emerald and soufflé pearl enhancer worn with 9 mm Hanadama studs

Also, I got Alex to swap out the earring backs for the really big, monster earring backs. They're easier to handle than those tiny earring backs, and they make the larger pearls sit up higher on the earlobe.

More to come . . .

Last edited:
Oh, Bweaves ... What a fabulous teeny-tiny necklace as a foil for your wonderful soufflé with emeralds! And the studs! I must check into having some of those!!!!!

Thank you for the pics!

I love seeing everyone's haul! Next best thing to being there.

Bweaves, litteh teeny-tiny wrapped chain with pendant AWESOME, I feel like I should be writing AWESOME in spiderweb (ala Charlotte's Web)

Elizabeth

The Ruckus was so much fun -- full of wonderful friends and gorgeous pearls! I did a little shopping while I was there, lol.

I waffled a bit, because I already have a few necklaces with GSS and WSS pearls, but I finally decided I had to have this 36" harvest rope. It has 4 pairs of bluish keshi pearls, and an amazing pair of large golden keshi pearls. The keshis make it different from anything else I own. It is incredible to me that the pearls are matched across the 2 sides. I'll take more pictures once it is strung and sent to me.

Jewelmer mixed size, shape South Sea strand

I also selected 5 of Douglas' "erotochromatic" Sea of Cortez mabe pearls.

erotochromatic Sea of Cortez mabe pearls
erotochromatic Sea of Cortez mabe pearls

I plan to have them made into a 5-pearl necklace with thin YG bezels, similar in style to this one:

5 mabe necklace 1.jpg

Back