10mm dilemma - can you help?

Aquamarine

Hi!
I'm looking for 25-35 inch, 10-11mm, unify round, spotless surface pearl strand.After surfing this forum I discovered a lot of great information about pearls that I didn't know. However more information I read more confusion I have and I really hope to hear your opinion and advices.

Initially I wanted WSS but usually there are only short graduated necklaces... For akoya 10-11 mm is too big and too expensive. Freshwater-not sure about quality?

I would really appreciate your opinion and help!!!

Thank you!!!!

What do you mean by "unify round" strand? Like perfectly round? Perfectly round and perfectly clean would be difficult in that size of freshwater and akoya. It wouldn't be difficult in South Sea, however.

What do you mean by "unify round" strand? Like perfectly round? Perfectly round and perfectly clean would be difficult in that size of freshwater and akoya. It wouldn't be difficult in South Sea, however.

Hi Jeremy! Sorry for confusion. I meant that strands is not graduated. All pearls visually the same size.
Clean surface - well, there is not very deep spots... Any suggestions???

It would have to be made from loose pearls, most likely. It's also possible to combine two strands (the easiest way to go), but most strands have at least two millimeters gradation. That isn't considered graduated though. A 2 mm gradation won't typically have an obvious large center. What you are describing is what we would call a straight-size strand.

Hi Jeremy! You just confide my concerns. It was very interesting to know about 2 mm difference. Do you have this difference in the necklaces if smaller size as well? For example 9 -9.5mm straight one? Thank you

Back