Found a 3-piece set in storage.

10schick

Hi. I know absolutely nothing about pearls. I found a 3-piece set (necklace, bracelet, & stud earrings) in storage and need help to identify the type of pearls and possibly a rough value range. Thanks for any and all help.

1. gritty

2. IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg

3. unknown

4. Logo appears to be a "W" inside a diamond and stamped with 14K

5. Sizes vary.... roughly between 4 - 4.5mm. Some appear to be perfectly round without flaws while others are misshapened and "dirty".

I think you have a set of Chinese cultured freshwater, all-nacre pearls. They are on the small side, not fully round, and the clasp, although gold, is a simple, lightweight spring ring (so not a lot of gold value.)

Cultured pearls do not tend to hold their value on resale unless they are either historic pearls or a brand name like Mikimoto.

For what people seem to be willing to pay these days, I suggest you look on eBay for similar pre-owned sets that have already sold. (As opposed to items currently listed but not yet sold.)

I think you have a set of Chinese cultured freshwater, all-nacre pearls. They are on the small side, not fully round, and the clasp, although gold, is a simple, lightweight spring ring (so not a lot of gold value.)

Cultured pearls do not tend to hold their value on resale unless they are either historic pearls or a brand name like Mikimoto.

For what people seem to be willing to pay these days, I suggest you look on eBay for similar pre-owned sets that have already sold. (As opposed to items currently listed but not yet sold.)

So not a great find. lol Thank you very much for your response.

You know what? They would be a nice size for a young girl.

Is there any little girl in your life who would enjoy them?

The nice thing about all-nacre pearls is that she could wear them every day without ever wearing out the nacre. Freshwater pearls are great for everyday wear.

Nice set, very great find! You bought a locker at a storage auction? :confused:

But you are right in that it is not a valuable find.

- Karin

Back