Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are Chinese Freshwater right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattye
    replied
    Patty you do have a collection of things !!
    These faceted pearls are very inexpensive ebay buys long ago, lol.

I do agree, Katbran, the the white strand could be very wearable if reworked a little & cleaned.

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    I remember seeing them a couple of years ago on eBay.. must have been a bit of a 'thing' that fizzled out. Certainly still used on faceted stone beads .. that 'soccer ball' look. That strand could be cute if washed and restrung a bit like a 'harvest' strand. Two of my favorite summer strands are inexpensive mixed shape white pearl ropes that I wear together doubled.

The other one with the silver beads looks like it used Thai or Bali bead findings. The Thais quite like that flower pattern... heaps of variations. The flowers look like the resin ones you get on eBay.

Patty you do have a collection of things !!

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    Yes, the convex look is confusing even when you see them up close.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Yes, I've read that the flat facets create that optical illusion. I like it-- and have never heard of them on FWP.

That tooth-shaped FWP has dreamy luster!

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Thank you for showing us more, it's helpful

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    Oh, interesting that they look puffy/rounded and that they are actually flat.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Here's a couple of photos. I know at one time we chatted about a possible coating on the faceted pearls, but I've checked these with a loupe and I'm pretty sure these don't have a coating. The purple are dyed, of course. I've had these for quite a few years. Obviously the ones Galatea is faceting now are much higher quality and more finely done.

I feel that pillowy, puffy look may be an optical illusion. On my pearls you can clearly see the flat surface.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030436.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	359583

Name:	P1030434.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	359584

Leave a comment:

• la_corsetiere
    replied
    Originally posted by kelluvpearls View Post
    The honey comb pearls are pretty cool! 925 is sterling silver so it is not too expensive.
    Sigh, I remember the days when silver was only $4 or $5 an ounce...then again, I remember when gas was about 1/10 of what it costs now...ACK!!!!must stop!!!feeling like a fossil!

To change the subject, I too have wondered about the faceted pearls that actually look pillowy, rather than having flat facets. Some of these fall into what I would consider "high-end" faceted pearls, set as a ring or pendant. Anybody have any idea how that effect is achieved?

Leave a comment:

• kelluvpearls
    replied
    The honey comb pearls are pretty cool! 925 is sterling silver so it is not too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Pattye, your stash is one novel goodie after another! I wish I could poke around in it.

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Thanks, I thought so (re facets) but optically I'm sort of thrown off by the fact that the 'faceted' areas looked pillowy, instead of flat. That made me think "carving?, with a tool, like Chi" (embarrassed, I can't recall his full name). I'm grateful we have real experts to call upon!

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Tissue nucleated (cultured) freshwater pearls, as the toothy one & others in your last photo, don't have a bead inside, so come in all shapes and sizes!

The one with the blue roses might have been made by someone crafty, ahem, yes, somewhat unusual combination.

Leave a comment:

• TahitianDreamin
    replied
    Hey guys

Here are more photos. I guess I was just thinking that these were some type of natural occurrence...lol. Whoops. Well anyway like I said before they are literally just smashed together on this string. Just terrible.

Name:	IMG_4165.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	359576Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4163.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	359578

Another question, do you guys know anything about a necklace like this? Pearls are fake but the clasp is stamped 925 in a peculiar font. It's got these weird hard flowers on it too. Just weird all around. I don't know why they would have bothered with a 925 clasp for some cheap plastic beads.

Name:	IMG_4168.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	359579Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4167.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	359580Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4169.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	359581

Oh oops and this last one was a weird looking one I too a picture of, I thought I removed it though. Oh well. There it is, ha! Kind of looks like a tooth or something. I wonder if anyone will be able to find a use for these... :/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TahitianDreamin; 04-22-2015, 06:52 PM. Reason: clarity

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    They were pretty low budget, Kevin, probably not on your pearl'dar, lol. If I have time I will take a photo of some in my stash~

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Canning
    replied
    pretty unusual but looks faceted to me as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X