pearls

mikey k

Hello my name is mikey k. I recently inherited several pearl necklaces .I'm pretty sure two are plastic. But the one I would like to ask the forum about is a set . Two pearl earings with silver posts and a 20in. 84 pearl count necklace the silver clasp on the necklace has the Mikimoto logo stamped on it .the problem. Is I don't have any papers or the box it came in. Can anyone help me with some advice please.
Thank you.

Attachments

• mikimoto pearls.jpg
    mikimoto pearls.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hi.
Welcome.
That is not the best photo. some closeups would be nice of some of the pearls, the earrings, and the clasp, front and back. The above photo does not contradict your claim, it just isn't close enough to see much- though it does look like older akoyas- or slightly yellowed fakes.

The best thing is to take them or send them to a Miki outlet and have them evaluated or restrung or whatever they say.

We have seen this so many times. if the original owner did not keep the original receipt and any other paperwork with the necklace, then what you have is a Mikimoto clasp. With pearls attached.

I thank you for getting back to me so quick. I'll take some better pics and post them tomorrow. I also got the name of an appraiser whos really good she does all the insurance appraisals at my friend's antique shop.
So I'll keep in touch and let you know if they are real or what.
While I have you attention could you give me some advice on how to care for them.
THANK YOU
MIKEY K.

Find out what kind of shape they are in before you clean them up. They like humidity and if they were stored in a very dry place, the nacre can be weakened.

Back