original antique basra pearl necklace

the paper work is not at all involved as i am getting a buyer in mumbai itself.....also..the length of 8 largest pearls (all of about similar sizes) put together is 67.4 mm. for me measuring individual pearl is a tough task as accurate reading will not be possible without accurate tools

That is a great size -- wish I could find some like that!

I think it is good you have a local buyer. From what I've seen there is more respect for natural pearls in India and the Middle East -- makes sense as these were centers of the pearling industry!

Dear BajoriRakesh,

i have a similar necklace like yours(58 pieces) which is pure basra as i just showed it to one of the jewelers.
but since i am not from mumbai but i have come here to sell this piece which laboratory should i get it certified?
I went to one and they said that first i will have to get it in cotton string but is that the only way , i dont want to
break the thread and also these jewelers are quoting very less price for it.(1-5 lacs) even after agreeing it is basra.

And also most importantly can you please tell me the dealer you sold out your piece to and how was your experience?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

Shubham Agarwal
email:agarwalshagun9@gmail.com

in continuation with my thread, i searched for the report but could not find the same. can someone provide me address and contact no. of labs in india who conducts testing of pearls. i called up GIA , mumbai but they said pearls are tested only in bangkok and usa, both beyond means to send.

DSC09700.jpg this is the picutre. can anyone quote me a fair price.

Back