Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby south sea or freshwater or fake. chinese akoyas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CortezPearls
    replied
    You'll love it here, for sure

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    Thank you Douglas. I hope someday go to Mexico. I think I'll love there. Hopefully I'll visit you and see your amazing pearls in person. I think I'm very close to mexican culture because I kind of grew up watching mexican soap operas hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    And I'm in Mexico Elias ...definitively not close! But I can accept a plane ticket to check the pearls out
    Naah...COVID is still making traveling a no-go for many.
    Have a great week everyone

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    Thank you Douglas, Cathy and pearlescence. I think, from my very limited recently acquired knowledge of pearls hahaha, very very limited, and from your expert perceptions they are tahitian pearls. I went to a nice pearl jewelry store here and looked and looked and to my eyes, untrained, the freshwater looked very different, more like a shiny fabric and not so glassy. The tahitians looked more like if they were coated with a glass, like mines. Sorry for this horrible comparison, I can't explain it better.
    and also, like you said, was a good deal anyway, just the clasp would cost something like 50, maybe?
    Douglas, I wish I could take to anyone of you to see it in person but I'm very sure we live very far away, I'm from Brazil and we don't have a lot of people here that love and understand pearls.
    if everything goes ok this year maybe I'll start to travel again and if any of you lives in London or Paris or maybe Genève and want to do me this favor I would be very . I'm just not sure where I'll have to go or if.

Leave a comment:

• pearlescence
    replied
    I've had Tahitians as small as 6mm. They are being grown.

Leave a comment:

• CathyKeshi
    replied
    An internet search yields a number of travel posts about a Legend "pearl farm" in Halong Bay, Vietnam ... seems to be a favorite cruise ship excursion stop, with wide ranging reports on pearls sold, type etc. I agree with Douglas, a very pretty necklace, and a fair price either way.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    There are -or were- some "Baby Tahitian Pearls" produced some years ago. They started at 7 mm. They could still be kosher. The only way to really tell is by having someone that is experienced with Tahitian pearls see them up close. I know I would be able to do it...and I am SURE we got many more that are as good and better. Maybe you can tell us what town/city you live and ask and see if there is anyone close by to check them....OR take them as they are, and ENJOY THEM

If they are Tahitian, you got a great bargain. If not: that is still a good price I think!

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    I bought a digital caliper. It is from a good brand. I measured the pearls from 7.2mm to almost 8 the larger one. I didn't found tahitians this small on the internet. Maybe they're not real? They look so pretty and I like the size. I still have time to return the necklace. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    If these are indeed Tahitian...it was a real deal buster!
    I like the color scheme, but you may try and change it, why not?
    I would not re-string it unless it had a problem with the thread or wanted to create something new.
    Have fun with it...either creating something new or just wearing it!

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    Thanks everyone, Douglas and Charlotta and KarinK.
    ​​​​​​So it was really a good deal?
    Do you think it would be a nice idea to change the color scheme? Have it restrung.
    Last edited by Elias; 07-27-2021, 02:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    It is pretty. Nice looking. I agree with Charlotta...anyone can make a certificate, especially if you make it for your own company...but it looks the part. Seems kosher to me. I would LOVE to actually have it my hands to check it, but that is not going to happen so...

Leave a comment:

• Charlotta
    replied
    I think that it's pretty. The certificate I wouldn't take too seriously, it's easy to make a certificate. But the pearls are pretty

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    The pearls have arrived. I can send the necklace back, untill middle august I guess, for a full refund. The pearls measure from almost 8mm to a little bit over 8mm at the front. The clasp is marked 18k 750, and I have already tested. 18 inches total.
    Interestingly it came with a certificate, don't know if that's worth anything, but the seller didn't informed me that.
    Also, the pearls are darker than the seller pictures. And it isn't crooked.
    So, what do you think? Here are some pictures, daylight.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KarinK
    replied
    The stringing is odd. I would have expected gimp at the ends. Maybe someone got their hands on one large lot and are selling only those without a background knowledge?

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    Looks pretty! Once you have it please take additional photos and give more data. I am puzzled!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X