A Friend's Pearl Necklace - What Am I?

CatsNme

Community member
A friend at work received a necklace from her in-law as a wedding gift. The necklace was purchased from So Korea and photo is below.

Jane's Necklace.jpg

She told me that the necklace has a hint of grey tones. She refuses to wear it because according to her it does not look good on her. I joke that she could give it to me and I would give her visitation right :p. Any assistance as to what type of pearl is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Are there any markings on the back of the clasp?

What size pearls are they in mm?

Whatever the pearls are, if the strand is 16" long, she might like wearing it better if it had an enhancer pendant, possibly with colored stone. She could try the look out with an inexpensive enhancer before deciding.

It's a very pretty clasp. I'd wear the flower in the front.

Hi BWeaves, I'll ask my friend to take a photo of the back of the clasp. Regarding mm, I'll see if she even wants to bring it out to measure (lol).

Hi ennui, I thought so too. I was in love, my friend not so much :)

Hello Pearl Dreams, The necklace is 16 inches long. I will suggest a colored enhancer.

I would also suggest she try it on with different color tops. She may find that the color changes enough to suit her taste. The clasp is very pretty and I would also wear it in front, if I were not wearing an enhancer.

Thank you SunSeeker, I will suggest what you said to my friend.

Multi-Strand "potato" pearls???

Multi-Strand "potato" pearls???

Moved to a separate posting

Attachments

• 20170324_195432_LLS.jpg
    20170324_195432_LLS.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20170324_195524_LLS.jpg
    20170324_195524_LLS.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hi Pearl Dreams, thank you for the caution.

I will post a photo once I wear the necklace :eek:

Hello Katbran, my friend's in-laws live in So. Korea. She will eventually have to wear the necklace if her in-laws visit in the US (lol) :D

Back