Venturing into eBay

Lady_Disdain

Ok, I admit that I decided to try my hand at buying pearls on eBay. How did I do on my first attempt?

14mm by 11m by 11mm
Slight pink overtones that the photos don't show well.

IMG_9311.jpg
IMG_9310.jpg
IMG_9310.jpg

It looks OK. How do you feel about the quality vs. the price you paid? How do you feel about the seller? Professional or not?

I paid $15 for it and it is a nice size, so not too bad. The seller's photo showed it in the best possible light, of course, but I expected that. The transaction went smoothly, so no complaints there either.

I would say it was fun but not something I would do for expensive pearls.

It's pretty! As long as you don't have unrealistic expectations, eBay can be a good place to find things.

Who was the seller? Are you saying you don't think it is SS, Beatriz? It's a lovely shape.

I think for $15.00 you had a bit of fun, and got a pretty, puffy cloud of a pearl ... and you will likely make something wonderful out of it ... win win win :)

Well I think it's pretty and the price is ok.. and I know you will find something wonderful to do with it ! Just curious .. you try making an offer if that was an option? I've found that an offer of 30% - 25% less than list is often accepted. My other things from Pearllunar arrived..one more pair of the 11mm white buttons..and they are nice...not at all unhappy for 24$.

Pretty, puffy cloud is a nice description. And, perhaps, a good design starting point.

This one was an auction. I bid a little over $15 since that was the general closing bids on similar pearls. It was from Augustus Collection. The photo was pretty accurate, although it didn't show the pinkish overtones well. I guess I just don't trust eBay descriptions much - "unheated sapphire", "untreated ruby", etc. I was probably hasty in my comment and I should have left it out, since I am no expert and it is a serious accusation.

I've admired many a piece on Augustus Collection! There's a strand of mixed color SS keshi they've had for sale for nearly 2 years now ... one of these days, maybe ... Hope you'll show us what you make with your puffy pearly cloud, Beatriz :)

Window shopping is dangerous ... especially if you happen to be in the PP vault LOL.

Augustus Collection has had a number of those strands, but there's one I just adore ... and it's been there forever, sigh ...

Beatriz, have you been to the Eastern Trade Winds website? I believe it's a "wholesale" or alternate site for Augustus Collection? Some of the same products, but not all. I've never bought from either.

I think it's probably SS, I purchased from them before. I think for small value play pearls they are ok.

I have only had good service and good products from Sven. He is member here as well though has been quiet for a long time.

- Karin

Back