Options for knotting strands for a planned torsade necklace?

multichrome

Hi, beaders! I have plans for a torsade in autumn/winter colors. I want to make two 40” (ca. 100mm) endless strands of varying pearl sizes and shapes to double and twist together. I have a couple of clasps I can use, and I may make more to mix and match as the seasons change if I get a pretty result with the first two.

What I’m wondering is how to proceed with knotting and how to get a pretty drape. I’ve made long necklaces before, but there will be some very small pearls on the strands and I don’t really want to knot after each pearl. I suppose I could stagger the knots, and also make a test length to see how it sits.

If you have any advice how to make it look pretty and professional I would be so grateful.

This is a freshwater coil bracelet I have, and I’m planning to recreate something like this color scheme with the size variations. I got the bracelet to repurpose, but I ended up loving it too much to dismantle! But I have pearls in these general sizes and shapes to string for the torsade.

4630B7AC-8A06-4EB6-8D45-AA51AC678F3E.jpg

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Thank you, Pattye. I’d forgotten about the issue with drill hole sizes. I will do a layout on a bead board and also do test strands. I was a twentysomething in the 80s and I was crazy about my Twist-A-Beads. It’ll be fun to do a version with colorful pearls. I loved the versatility. Thanks again.

Back